How to Study for a Practical Assessment (1 Viewer)

Itz_Gabi

HSC
We have a prac coming up on the water topic and I'm curious as to how I study for it. Do you have any tips?

Sp3ctre

HSC
Do you know what the prac is? It will be hard to study for something you don't know what you're going to be tested on

bujolover

HSC
We have a prac coming up on the water topic and I'm curious as to how I study for it. Do you have any tips?
- Know stuff about scientific method, reliability, accuracy, validity, etc. (skills)
- Do you know exactly what dot points are going to be tested? If you do, then study those specifically in your textbook and any other prelim chem book you have.
- If you don't know, then study all the pracs in the topic: aim, method, safety precautions, results and conclusion (last two not that necessary, but it helps to know what you should get in case you stuff up your experiment in the exam). Know the theory behind them as well.

Hope this helps. :)

Itz_Gabi

HSC
We have no idea what it is. It could be any assessable prac in the water topic.

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
- Know stuff about scientific method, reliability, accuracy, validity, etc. (skills)
- Do you know exactly what dot points are going to be tested? If you do, then study those specifically in your textbook and any other prelim chem book you have.
- If you don't know, then study all the pracs in the topic: aim, method, safety precautions, results and conclusion (last two not that necessary, but it helps to know what you should get in case you stuff up your experiment in the exam). Know the theory behind them as well.

Hope this helps. :)
Do this ^

Also, Remember formulas, it's probably about molar heat of solution or concentration or density etc.

q = mCΔT

c = n/V

n = m/M

σ = m/V

Know your ionic equations, balancing equations, different chemical reactions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)