Schools ditching Physics (1 Viewer)

schoolscribe

HSC
I've heard some schools are dropping Physics because not enough students want to do the 2019 course with all the maths (82 equations compared with the current 40). Also, particle physics is mandatory and there's a return to thermodynamics and optics.

No more 5-mark essay questions.

Is anyone in the same boat? :uhoh:

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
I've heard some schools are dropping Physics because not enough students want to do the 2019 course with all the maths (82 equations compared with the current 40). Also, particle physics is mandatory and there's a return to thermodynamics and optics.

No more 5-mark essay questions.

Is anyone in the same boat? :uhoh:
The new syllabus is preparing you for uni as opposed to the old syllabus which requires endless rote memorisation

If you're the type of person who hates memorising but loves mathematical calculations, conceptual understanding and physics practicality (i.e. experiments) then the new curriculum is for you

It's actually pretty good that they don't have 5 mark questions bc you need to address the verbs which is quite irritating for most

Also no option topic so you can seek help in anything you want from whoever you want as opposed to the current syllabus where in the option topic you would need to seek help from specific people who have done certain "option" topics

Sp3ctre

HSC
If anything, I would kill to have studied the new syllabus instead of this crappy current one.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
If anything, I would kill to have studied the new syllabus instead of this crappy current one.
Yeah

No one is interested in rote memorising history bs

Although it is significantly more difficult than the current syllabus due to the higher emphasis on scientific concepts, theory and mathematical calculations as opposed to the current syllabus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)