yr 12 v. yr 11 chemistry (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Im deciding on what subject to drop for yr12 and Eco and chem are pretty near each other in terms of being the one to get the boot. what I wanna know is how does the yr12 syllabus compare to yr11? is it a drastically different course? do you find it any more interesting or less? I found yr 11 to be consistently boring and learnt a fair chunk of the content through self-study due to an inability to focus in class. also is the content any harder or easier than yr11? and how does the workload or amount of content compare? here is a pretty specific question and I don't mind if it gets answered, but did you find it more interesting than economics?
any help is much appreciated.

Snowflek

HSC
I found that yr 11 chemistry o be pretty boring. I find yr 12 chem really enjoyable, and it is my fav subject. I don't do economics so im not too sure about that, but i heard its full memorisation? Chemistry has some heavy content aswell, but i find it pretty enjoyable for some reason. Also, I believe chemistry scales just a bit higher than eco. But its negligible.

Mathew587

HSC
I prefered year 11 chem to year 12 primarily as we were being introduced to new topics like electron config and how to write equations rather than bs such as water composition and tests. Although some bits of year 12 were quite interesting have to admit.
I prefered year 12 eco way more to year 11. Year 11 focuses more on microeconomics which combined with the no effort I put in gave me crap marks i.e. ranked second last lmao. But macro's more my sorta thing and cos its the hsc I actually put in effort lol. Ranked 4th now hehe.

ichila101

Split arrowhead
HSC
Uni Grad
Have not done Economics so I cant talk about it but I found Chemistry quite different in year 12 compared to year 11, I personally enjoyed it a lot more than year 11 as it focused more on the practical uses of chemicals and the production of different types of substances, also cause I suddenly started doing a lot better at it. However, this is my personal opinion and may not be the same for you, if you enjoy the same things as I do then I guess you may like it. In terms of workload, as long as your consistent you will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)