Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mariakery1

Thread: How to study for the New Syllabus

HSC
    N/A

How to study for the New Syllabus

Hi,
    Due to the changes in the syllabus, putting a greater emphasis on actual chemistry rather than how its effects in society and the environment, how would you study for the new HSC syllabus? In this HSC, will there be as many long answer questions (5-8 marks), or more short answer, and calculation type questions (3-5 marks)? How should ones approach to the course be different to those doing the HSC course now? Will it help to read segments from university textbooks, as the focus of the leans more towards your understanding of the concepts?

Thanks

HSC

Re: How to study for the New Syllabus

This is what I'm worried about as well. My teacher isn't the best in delivering content or teaching us how to answer exam style questions. As i'm still only in year 11 a textbook (Chemistry in focus etc.) is fine. For year 12 though, i dont know what to do. We don't have past exam papers to prepare for what our exam will be like. So far the only thing i can think of for resources is tutoring (which i, for various reasons, am against) or some site i found called HSC study lab, which i don't know is any good. Pls someone tell us where we can find practise questions and other resources.

HSC

A majority of the new syllabus still contains old dot points just reworded, so you can still use past papers and resources/notes for those I guess. However I guess it's better to be overprepared than underprepared so any extra preparation and research you do will help
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

YES there will be still long response questions, there will be at least 2 of them, this time (7-9 marks). Same 3hr exam and 100 marks (20 MC and 80 short+long response). Two sections as there are no option topics.

Use this sample HSC exam provided by NESA for the new syllabus to your advantage (we are only given one ;-; )
    http://educationstandards.nsw.edu.au...=AJPERES&CVID=
    Last edited by mariakery1; 4 Oct 2018 at 2:54 AM.
    dumbfuck likes this.

Thread Information