Any comment? (1 Viewer)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Hi all,
I'm in year 11 currently and I'm doing Physics (duh). But more like sleeping through it actually. I still ticked it on the subj. selection form cause I can still drop it next year anyway.
Just want to get some inputs from those who are doing physics in year 12.
Is it any different to the year 11 topics? I hate all the year 11 topics except Cosmic Engine (doing that now). It's just that some ppl have been saying that Physics is easier and more interesting in yr 12. Is that true to some extents?

Thanks.
And good luck with the trials...:D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
least fave in yr11 still least fave in yr12! hehe :D

no actually it wasn't too bad in yr11 cos we had a funni teacher..he looked like shrek haha.. :p but now we hav mouse man :rolleyes: he's so serial all da time..i jus dont like him..

but umm.. if u like phy6 well u shud do it.. it requires alota understandin and stuff.. so yeh. but like u said if u dont like it u can always drop it..

Marianna

for me physics has gotten easier through this year

its not easiest but I find it interesting

I think you also have a different attitude at the beginning of year 12

but that passes in a couple of weeks

give it a go it will scale you theres not much maths in there any more and like you said you can always drop

plus science will open up sooo many doors for you

COMPREHENSIVE

I found physics a lot easier in yr 11 and the topics were OK. In yr 12 i have found physics really difficult and even more boaring, probally because i don't understand any of it and because there is a lot of work to do.

If i could do it all again i would of never chosen Physics at all.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by COMPREHENSIVE
I found physics a lot easier in yr 11 and the topics were OK. In yr 12 i have found physics really difficult and even more boaring, probally because i don't understand any of it and because there is a lot of work to do.

If i could do it all again i would of never chosen Physics at all.
i'm wit ya on that!
phy6 aint me :p :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I hated physics during Year 11 and was on the verge of dropping it when I went into Year 12 - we were assigned a new teacher who convinced me to stick with it for another term, and then I loved it. :)

Personally, I think the HSC topics are much more interesting than the preliminary ones.

Jenn

umm.. hehe i think i hated phys in 11 coz of the topic of electricity never got anything right, i was SOO looking fwd to doing cosmic engine coz it was about space.. yeah that just confused me even more about the stars...
12.... well after completing the course.. i guess its KINDA getting a BIT easier.. all u have to do is UNDERSTAND.. or REMEMBER!

thrillhouse

yeh you just have to read, understand, regurgitate. Its easier when you actually like what you are reading. eg Space and astrophysics.

Jenn

hehe yup yup
different schools do different options
i wanted to do astrophysics...
but we got stuck with quanta to quarks.. its ALRIGHT... but all these different ppl did all these DIFFERENT things..
and everything has SOME damn impact on societ... and we have to assess and evaluate it grr for like 7-8 marks!!

Morgues

The so called physics in school isn't physics at all. Hope it gets more interesting in uni

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
u planning on doin physics/engineering @ uni, morgues?

yeah...i wouldve loved to do astrophysics as the option, cos i liked cosmic engine from yr11...but we're doin quanta to quarks which in my opinion is realli boring, since u have to learn about different physicists/chemists and their own model for the atom etc...which gets confusing in my case
i find physics realli interesting on the whole, but i jus cant seem to grasp the work in the syllabus well enough to enjoy the subject..and i think thats wat it boils down to - how much u enjoy it

Morgues

Originally posted by MinAi
u planning on doin physics/engineering @ uni, morgues?

yeah hopefully some sort of engineering.......the type of engineering is still undecided hehe

sango

HSC
yr 11 physics is crap... yr 12's is better but not by much..

i slept through yr 11 physics.. and have just started sleeping through quanta to quarks. it's more of a history lesson than anything else. you learn about the history of the atomic structure with few "put numbers in formulas" questions... and that's supposed to be the "maths" part of the course.. it's pretty crap..

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
:)
Thanks for all the comments.
I'm still sticking with it at the moment.
I slept most of the time in Physics but I'm staying awake now cause it's Cosmic Engine (and we're about to do Stars). I like this kind of thing.
But I have no idea how I'm going to pass the yearly exam which is just around the corner.

Have a nice weekend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)