how do we die in space (1 Viewer)

sab_JTL

lets consider this scenario:
you are in space, where it is a vacumm, without any space protection suits.
according to chemistry concepts, you are suppose to 'expand' . however in sci fi movies, this does not happend.

Q: will you explode (expand) in this vacumm space without any protective suits? state reason.

thank you

spice girl

magic mirror
Well there are tissues (body tissues) in your body (duh!) that are subjected to pressure. examples are blood vessels, etc. The pressure from the inside sort-of is balanced by the pressure from the outside (on earth, at 1atm). Even though perhaps the pressure inside is greater than outside, the strength of the tissues (e.g. the arteries) can sustain this pressure difference.

In space, the outside pressure is 0 atm. It means the pressure difference is higher, so there is a chance (because i don't know), that the tissues aren't strong enough to sustain the pressure.

Hence, *splat*

hys

auscentral.com|auspal.com
... There's a movie

If you really wanna know there's a movie which shows the possible effects of this...

but i forgot the name

but basically two people in mars went out of some dome

and their eyes expanded and their nostril holes expanded but they were saved so no explosion

Dumbarse

haha, total recall??, your kidding me mate, theres a better movie than that , one of those mission to some planet one, all blood comes out of your eyes and stuff and u blow up, it looks pretty crazy even though it was a fake representation

hys

auscentral.com|auspal.com
Yeah , Total Recall ,.... that's right

anyone why would you ask these types of questions.....

spice girl

magic mirror
Oh yes, and i forgot, water and other liquids boil at lower temperatures when they're subjected to lower pressures. Imagine your blood boiling...

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Case Study
Is it a total vacuum in space? Like is there no matter in space at all?
No, nothing is absolute. However, it'll take quite a while to find an atom of a gas in space.

In fact solar wind is a flow of protons and electrons and ions. A proton and an electron would be what earthlings call hydrogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)