Physics HSC Study Guides & Textbooks (1 Viewer)

Best Physics Textbook?

• Total voters

Adrian.

HSC
Hi, I know this is an open ended question but what is the best physics textbook? I'm going to be doing physics by distance ed. so one with good explanations would be good. Than you in advance.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Physics by distant ed., that's gotta suck.

I did economics by distant ed. last year and hated it. Were there not enough people to get a normal class going?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
Adrian. said:
Thanks, I'll probabley get Jacaranda. Just out of interest, what are you doing in your avatar?

it was a mates 18th, dressed in black tie and we had just watched the footy show last night

a group of us were utterly pissed and just swaying around all night telling everyone they were 'goooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn' (if u hav seen the footy show u will understand that)

thats a snap of me right in the middle of a "goooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

Adrian.

HSC
BillyMak said:
Physics by distant ed., that's gotta suck.

I did economics by distant ed. last year and hated it. Were there not enough people to get a normal class going?
Well, I havn't started yet so I don't know ;) I'm doing year 12 at TAFE though and I'm the only person at Gosford doing Physics... So obviously there's not enough for a class. I have a friend who did economics by distant ed this year, he never said anything bad about it but he's the kind of person who can sit and work for 3 hours straight in the middle of a riot :)

I'm also doing 2 unit maths by distent ed. :(

Adrian.

HSC
gordo said:
it was a mates 18th, dressed in black tie and we had just watched the footy show last night

a group of us were utterly pissed and just swaying around all night telling everyone they were 'goooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnn' (if u hav seen the footy show u will understand that)

thats a snap of me right in the middle of a "goooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnn"
OK, good shot. Because of the quality I thought it was taken from a webcam. I was wondering why your face would be like that when you were by yourself.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
I would say to get two because its always good to compare. Helped me so much
The jacaranda textbook is what we use at school, and it's pretty good.
Excel (not really a textbook) i would say is the best because it is concise and helped a lot.
Macmillan would be the worst.

If you can get two, definately the excel, and the jacaranda.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
If your doing distance ed you'll probably need a study guide as well.
Sorry to hijack your thread i'm kinda in your position as well.

Whats the best physics study guide out there?

Macquarie or Excel?

psych_girl

HSC
textbook

how about spotlight......I think itz ez to understand. They have some typical questions in the book and too many questions to test yourself..........hehe

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Textbooks are poor, and are always overly verbose.

Get a textbook that provides concise information and isn't dumbed down like the Excel books - make sure you can use it make decent course summaries.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
Textbooks are poor, and are always overly verbose.

Get a textbook that provides concise information and isn't dumbed down like the Excel books - make sure you can use it make decent course summaries.
I find the excel books to be dumbed down more then most. And often aren't suitable for a decent course summary.

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Excel is summarised over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again! The definition for wiegth goes for three lines, and if you wrote all that down in HSc, expect 1 1/2 marks out of 3.

Jacaranda is a must, provided that you do all the questions and attempt the experiments.

paki_diva

acording to my physics teacher...physics in context is really good..apparantly better than jacaranda...does anyone use it?

Adrian.

HSC
Ok people, thanks for the help. I ended up getting Jacaranda, Excel and Success One Past Papers. I think this (plus my distance ed. material) should be sufficient.

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)