Nazis and Hitler (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
process information to discuss Einstein
and Planck’s differing views about
whether science research is removed
from social and political forces
I don't understand this one very well, especially history of Physics and Physics in society.

All I know is that Einstein was a pacifist and Planck was a ferverent nationalist.
Planck signed the manifesto of the 93 intellectuals while Einstein signed a counter-manifesto.

However Planck suffered greatly because his son Erwin failed to assassinate Hitler.
Also Planck believed science would benefit society, politics and Nazi Germany overall would benefit from scientific research and advancement.
Einstein on the otherhand believed science would lead to destruction in the wrong hands and politics would worsen it.

Just what do I have to mention ?

HSC
Planck signed the manifesto of the 93 intellectuals while Einstein signed a counter-manifesto.

However Planck suffered greatly because his son Erwin failed to assassinate Hitler.
^^ those points aren't necessary

apart from that you're pretty much spot on with planck. he was all about the war effort and helping german society.

as for einstein..you could just add that he was just concerned with learning about how the world works, learning for the sake of learning, etc. he even fled germany, moved to switzerland and became a swiss citizen where he could just do his research.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
f3nirs said:
watatank said:
^^ those points aren't necessary
I disagree.

Manifesto of 93 is a indication that Planck is in support the claim that science should be made to help humanity in what ever way possible. His involvement in such manifesto indicates his involvement in politics and his support (through his scientific knowledge) of political ideals.

Like wise to the counter-manifesto signed by Einstein, indicative of his opposition of the involvement of scientific knowledge in politics.

Though ironically, he is also one of the several who proposed the construction of nuclear weapons to the president of US.

loloutaface

Banned
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
I disagree.

Manifesto of 93 is a indication that Planck is in support the claim that science should be made to help humanity in what ever way possible. His involvement in such manifesto indicates his involvement in politics and his support (through his scientific knowledge) of political ideals.

Like wise to the counter-manifesto signed by Einstein, indicative of his opposition of the involvement of scientific knowledge in politics.

Though ironically, he is also one of the several who proposed the construction of nuclear weapons to the president of US.
4 peace purposes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)