are CSSA trials hard? (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
my school is doing the catholic schools physics trial in like 2 weeks or somefing... and i havent seen a single CSSA physics test.... i was just wondering.... overalll are they hard or pretty much straightforward if you prepare properly....

zingerburger

HSC
Anything should be pretty much straightforward if you prepare properly. But that's coming from someone who rarely prepares properly...

Have you tried asking your teacher if they can get a hold of past papers or something? Other than that, I wouldn't know. Never even heard of CSSA.

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
CSSA = catholic school papers... i dont know exactly what it stands for i think... catholic secondary schools assocaiotnb

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
CSSA paper are quite standard and mimicks HSC to a relatively close proximity.

They are good papers to practice especially before your HSC, since they cover essentailly everything that may be tested in HSC.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
xiao1985 said:
CSSA paper are quite standard and mimicks HSC to a relatively close proximity.

They are good papers to practice especially before your HSC, since they cover essentailly everything that may be tested in HSC.
That's true for just about every subject except Maths subjects. The format of the CSSA papers for Maths and the extensions don't tend to mimick the HSC format close enough, partcularly for Extension 2 where the questions are all over the place.

So for Physics, the CSSA papers are not very hard, but I warn you not to rely on their suggested solutions if you receive them in the end, because some of the "solutions" are really really crap and would not qualify for full marks even according to their own marking criteria!!! :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Interesting point you made there Trebla.

Other than questions 5-8 not hard enough, CSSA maths ext2 papers do seem to be quite a competent examination of maths ext2 skills.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
mmhm ok so pretty much.... its easy paper no like wierd/non related questions like other trial papers... ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)