STUDYING for physics (1 Viewer)

lozxxoo

HSC
Hey guys,
Just wondering how ppl study for physics and wat methods they use coz im completely crap at studying it and am not sure how. THANKS!!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
study the syllabus....practicing mathematical problems etc.

lozxxoo

HSC
well im fine at just writing out the written questions but when it comes to maths parts i cant seem to get enough practice to get it in my head. Like with maths u just do exercises but with physics u cant

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
One thing to do and get the formula sheet. Make sure you know exactly what every formula is for and what every valuable in every formula means.

Do a concept map/mind map of the topics and relate them back to your dot points.

Make sure you then make simple, cut down notes of the dot points.

Hope that helps.

nadzter

HSC
N/A
hey.... well i do physics rite now, i hate it... impossible shit...
what i find useful is to just read through the textbooks and write it down onto paper to get it into my head.

also make sure u know the formulae relevant for the topics you're doing

hope it helps

jonni

HSC
my method of studying pys is very simple- do heaps of problems and also make some notes.

remember that all physics questions are basically concepts (learnt in class) but hidden. always refer to the syllabus.
<o:p></o:p>

cuppy

HSC
N/A
- dot point summaries modelled on the syllabus.

- past papers (as many as you can get your hands on) and trial papers to get familiar with the style of questions they ask.

- ask questions - to teachers, tutors, friends, peers - because it may come up in the exam!!!! and you don't want to be sitting there wanting to kick yourself so make sure you understand the concepts and how to apply them. if you make a silly mistake, remember what you did wrong so it won't happen again in the hsc.

everyone has a different study technique but those 3 golden rules are a must for all subjects, not just physics. maybe borrow a few textbooks as well because they all vary a little and one may explain things better than the other and you also get more examples and questions which is a bonus.

sh1n1gam1

HSC
Do a past paper as best u can without cheating. Anything you can't do, look up the syllabus dot point and make notes.

Repeat till you drop or can do everything. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)