anyone wanna try this question? (1 Viewer)

wjstjddu

HSC
assess the impact on the development of new technologies of scientistis being able to manipulate electrons?
this question was in my trials and yea... it killed me..
do you think this question is hard or is it just me..-.-?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
:) this was in 2007 CSSA trial...
I wrote about cathode ray oscillopscopes in televisions and how they rely on electron manipulation.. electric fields... blah blah..........

its a pretty weird question though.. usually its supposed to be more specific

Shadowkin

HSC
Assuming its an ideas to implementation question... and its not a roundabout way of saying 'yay we can make electricity do things like in motors and stuff.' it should be more pointed, yeah. stick with cathode rays and throw oscilloscopes and thermionics to be sure. was it worth much?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
The CSSA Marking Guidelines say,

• Identifies that electrons can be manipulated by electronic or magnetic fields due to the negative charge
  • Identifies a use of the manipulation of charges
  • Identifies more than TWO technologies that make use of the manipulation of electrons
  • Identifies the use these technologies are put to
  • Makes a judgement of the value of the development of new technologies

CSSA. (2007). CSSA 2007 Trial Higher School Certificate Examination. Physics - Marking Guidelines.

Marzaa

HSC
I loved this question, it was easy 5 marks 4 me

I just talked about briefly how electrons r manipulated by mag/electric field in cathode rays then talked bout impact of technologies such as TVS and CRTs and then talked about how electrons r manipulated in semi-conductors and then talked bout solar cells and their impact

however there are other ways to answer this question... bascially u could talk about any technology discussed within the ideas to implementation module

thehootman

HSC
I got full on this question. I said about creating semiconductors and electrical power.

matorm

HSC
This may be outside the course, but im guessing u could also talk about synchrotrons in this question, how this technology has enabled many discoveries on the greater atomic level, through electron manipulation by magnetic fields.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)