So ...... how are u gonna study for phys ?? (1 Viewer)

aljoz

HSC
As the title suggests.....how u prepare for hsc exams ??

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Past papers.. past papers. past papers.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
which wont really help me much ..... since i still dont know exactly why you freakn get electricity when you put metal next to a magnet.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Well Physics is my (or our) last exam and I'll leave my study of Physics straight after the Mathematics Extension 1 exam.

wrxsti said:
Past papers.. past papers. past papers.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
which wont really help me much ..... since i still dont know exactly why you freakn get electricity when you put metal next to a magnet.
Electrical current is induced in the conductor whenever the conductor experiences a change in magnetic flux.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Electrical current is induced in the conductor whenever the conductor experiences a change in magnetic flux.
therein lies my problem .... lolz.....good thing physics is a lot of memorisation... :) :S

i dont understand the flux stuff at all.... :(

cuppy

HSC
N/A
have every dot point covered

revise notes, textbooks until the content sinks in and look up something if you do not understand

past papers obviously

i know its all typical exam prep which applies for all subjects but there are no hidden secrets to doing well. if you know your stuff and practice all should be good.

aljoz

HSC
Yeah i noe ay......physics can just be a whole lot of memorisation :)

Better get started revising physics

me121

Premium Member
HSC
that's why i hate the HSC physics syllabus.. some of the questions are just straight memory. even a 5yr old can remember! they should be testing the physics not the memory! as such they should never ask a question that is a straight rewrite of the dot point!

so if you want to do ok at physics, just memorise lots of stuff and don't worry if you don't understand it.

that said, there are questions that you do need to understand, there were quite a few in the multiple choice of the 2006 HSC.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
"
so if you want to do ok at physics, just memorise lots of stuff and don't worry if you don't understand it.
"
Amen brother.

"that said, there are questions that you do need to understand, there were quite a few in the multiple choice of the 2006 HSC."

guess that explains why i got 10/15 for it :(

aljoz

HSC
Yeah there are some tricky questions in the multi choice ay. LOL multi choice was my worst section in the trials =P

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
ill be 100% honest.... sometimes i wud study from around 9pm till school...... and i would do this for weeks....... yer i know it seems impossible but yer i would do that a lot.... .... this year has been so wierd... me lost my social life.... and i used to play basketball (reps+state) every day...... UNTILL THE HSC CAME ALONG.... grr... cant wait till its all over.......

edit : oh and btw.. lolz i wud sleep during skool for a few hours...... :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)