Physics practical assessment. (1 Viewer)

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
I have a physics practical assessment for Motors and Generators next week. However, we haven't conducted any practicals in class, bar one, which our teacher simply demonstrated. I don't know what to do, our theory is only worth about 2% of the final HSC mark, which is disconcerting as the prac becomes really important. What could be tested, and will us not doing any of the pracs really have an effect?

Sorry, and thanks!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Step 1: Have you asked your teacher? :)

Step 2: I will list all the practicals that school's can do.

Step 3: Ask past students. This is important because school's in Australia cannot afford fancy equipment, chances are the practical work will be a repeat or similar to that of last years.

Step 4: Ask your teacher to let you borrow the lab. (Don't explode it...yet)

Step 5: Accuracy, validity, relability.

Step 6: Learn all you can about each equipment used and the physics principle of the practical (Once you find out.)

Step 7: Med for lifeboats :D

Also, haven't I helped you somewhere in the past before? Your name rings a bell...;)|

4k POSTS!!!

IMPORTANT: HSC EXAMS CAN ASK YOU ABOUT THE WAY YOU DID YOUR PRACTICAL!

Last edited:

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
Thank you!

I did ask my teacher, he said he couldn't really say, sadly...

...and yes, you did help me prior to this, haha.

But it would be the case that the better I understand the theory, the more likely I'd do well in the prac, right?

P.S. congrats on 4k posts!

delian

HSC
N/A
But it would be the case that the better I understand the theory, the more likely I'd do well in the prac, right?
Definitely. A solid theory base will help you understand what's going on in the pracs

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Thank you!

I did ask my teacher, he said he couldn't really say, sadly...

...and yes, you did help me prior to this, haha.

P.S. congrats on 4k posts!
Exactly! :p

It could be any of the dot points listed. The best thing to do is to know all of them back to front! Make sure you try and borrow the lab if you can. :)

Our school's practical is quite constant each year. We need to set up a transformer and I would assume answer a series of questions! :) Now! They are going to ask you what is the effect of placing such and such and removing such and such, make sure you know it! (Alternative.)

In Physics, make sure all your "WHAT IF THIS HAPPENS" are answered. That's the best way of scoring full marks. :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Also you may receive a present upon sending a friendly PM to a robot in this thread. Just maybe...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
In2Physics, Jacaranda and Physics in Focus are great textbooks to use for theory!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)