HSC physics youtube videos (1 Viewer)

Bearman

HSC
hey guys, i graduated in 2010 and have been tutoring physics for 2 years now. i'm thinking about making a series of youtube videos systematically covering every dot point in the core modules of hsc physics (in the same style as khanacademy) for free use by anyone who wants them. does this kind of resource exist already/would anyone find it useful?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I think it would be really useful to students who find the concepts difficult to understand. Also I am not aware of there being videos already on each dot point, although I may be wrong.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Lets learn science has some physics videos but not all.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Myedonline.com will hopefully have videos by dotpoint by February, featuring yours truly! But, will not be free.

ocstew

HSC
It would be a great service to I and other Physics students.

HSC
oh man. I'm super interested in this + how you will execute it. I was actually considering doing this myself just as a means for me to study.

Bearman

HSC
hey guys, thanks for the feedback. there seems to be some interest for this so i'll take a shot at it soon

oh man. I'm super interested in this + how you will execute it. I was actually considering doing this myself just as a means for me to study.
the plan is to have one video for each dot point, where i will cover the theory (which will all be taken from notes+textbooks) and then work through a practice question at the end. making your own videos sounds like a great idea too, attempting to teach other people is one of the best ways to learn

i'll post a link to my channel in this forum when i've got a few videos up to give you guys a chance to rip it apart (aka share some feedback!)

WeaselPowa

HSC
I would watch it, and then introduce my friends to watch it. So please make this series, I'm sure it will be really popular :)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's great that you guys are thinking of doing this and it's a great way to give back to students. I just feel that there are already many resources on the internet such as letslearnscience that have already started to cover a big portion of the work required.

If their methods are acceptable to you, joining letslearnscience could be a good way to make videos as well. In fact, I was asked to make some videos for letslearnscience but I just thought it was a bit too tedious and time consuming for me, I also prefer typing my responses (just me, of course!)

nate224

HSC
this would be awesome! having someone go over the concepts would be greatly appreciated

armtistic

HSC
I know this is a very old thread :lol: but did this channel ever come through?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)