is year 12 physics way harder than year 11 physics or was year 11 physics harder (1 Viewer)

beaubrah

HSC
just wondering aha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Inconclusive and depends on the student.

For me HSC was harder to get a grasp on because there was more stuff to know. Other than that you should be fine and start with a clean slate in year 12.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I liked prelim more
Prelim is a good course and is pretty much the Physics you do in your first semester of uni (first Physics course you will do in uni).

Also, I will say that prelim is more applicable to being a civil, mechanical or chemical engineer, just to name a few.

Axio

=o
HSC
Does HSC physics tend to build on prelim or go into other areas?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I struggled more for Year 11 Physics than for Year 12 Physics so really depends on the individual.

Also, it could feel easier in Year 12 if your study habits improve.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Does HSC physics tend to build on prelim or go into other areas?
There is only bits and pieces of prelim that you will need to know.

You will need to know all the Moving About stuff regarding equations of motion and a little bit regarding momentum. A few things in Cosmic Engine will be required (such as Kepler's Law of Periods, etc). Quite a bit of the electricity and magnetism and induction stuff in Electricity in the home will be needed. You'll need to know EMR in depth so you can understand a few other things in HSC.

There's probably a few more major things from prelim that you need in HSC, but I can't remember all of them at the moment from the top of my head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)