5 minute physics summary (1 Viewer)

mr_tizzle

HSC
N/A
Hi, i am currently doing a physics course at uni (mandatory for my degree) which assumes prior knowledge of physics. I did not take physics in high school. Could anyone write, or link me to a very summarised overview of the 3 core physics units (eg main equations and principles). Thanks

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hi, i am currently doing a physics course at uni (mandatory for my degree) which assumes prior knowledge of physics. I did not take physics in high school. Could anyone write, or link me to a very summarised overview of the 3 core physics units (eg main equations and principles). Thanks
Actually, the parts of the HSC Physics syllabus that are crucial for physics study can be learned in closer to 0 minutes — because most of the syllabus isn't physics and is irrelevant. This means universities are forced to teach physics from the ground up. More important is your mathematical ability. If you're strong mathematically, you should be able to pick up the basics.

In terms of physics, Prelim Physics Moving About is the most important module for university physics (like concepts of vectors, momentum, impulse, work, etc). Most of these concepts are defined in terms of vectors or calculus, so again, if you're mathematically capable, you should be able to pick these stuff up.

Kaido

be.
HSC
Actually, the parts of the HSC Physics syllabus that are crucial for physics study can be learned in closer to 0 minutes — because most of the syllabus isn't physics and is irrelevant. This means universities are forced to teach physics from the ground up. More important is your mathematical ability. If you're strong mathematically, you should be able to pick up the basics.

In terms of physics, Prelim Physics Moving About is the most important module for university physics (like concepts of vectors, momentum, impulse, work, etc). Most of these concepts are defined in terms of vectors or calculus, so again, if you're mathematically capable, you should be able to pick these stuff up.
Quanta to Quarks and parts of Ideas would prob also be important, you reckon?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Quanta to Quarks and parts of Ideas would prob also be important, you reckon?
Actually, those two modules are the least useful. It's more important to master 3U/4U maths and maybe learn some concepts from Moving About (although the universities will teach it all, since they don't assume you know any physics, they just assume you know enough maths to keep up).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)