Magnetic levitation experiment (1 Viewer)

Kaido

be.
HSC
So I have to design an experiment to demonstrate magnetic levitation. However, how do I explain the results obtained using a type II superconductor? And how do I hypothesise about the physics behind this?

Kaido

be.
HSC
Basically, since BCS theory is only applicable to type I, how do I explain the occurrence of the Meissner effect in a type II?

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
Basically, since BCS theory is only applicable to type I, how do I explain the occurrence of the Meissner effect in a type II?
you dont need to explain it, its way too complicated with vortex states, and how some parts act like normal conductors and others act like superconductors.

in fact, its because of this arrangement that allows for magnetic levitation that you observe in the classroom.
When you move it closer, it goes back to what it originally was, and when you move it further way, it goes back to what it originally was.
If it was a type I superconductor, it would just simply repel it until F(repulsion)=F(gravity)

Kaido

be.
HSC
Sadly, i need to explain this (part of an assignment) and I can't fathom how I can shorten vortex states, flux pinning, incoherent Meissner effects and everything else into 150 words. should i consult my teacher lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)