The Pendulum Experiment (1 Viewer)

Parrot

HSC
Hello,

I'm just confused on how you use the gradient with the formulas to find g and T. I know that the formulas T = 2π√(l/g) and g = 4π2l/T^2, but not sure how to sub in the gradient. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you,

Parrot

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hello,

I'm just confused on how you use the gradient with the formulas to find g and T. I know that the formulas T = 2π√(l/g) and g = 4π2l/T^2, but not sure how to sub in the gradient. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you,

Parrot
Don't you use rise over run

Parrot

HSC
Yeah I get the gradient value (rise/run) first, but then I don't know what to do with it.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hello,

I'm just confused on how you use the gradient with the formulas to find g and T. I know that the formulas T = 2π√(l/g) and g = 4π2l/T2, but not sure how to sub in the gradient. Can somebody please help me?

Thank you,

Parrot

Parrot

HSC
Can they ask us to mathematically calculate the Period (T) using the gradient or just the g?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Can they ask us to mathematically calculate the Period (T) using the gradient or just the g?
Yeah but highly unlikely, it's usually like sketch the line of best fit using the points then calculating g.

Parrot

HSC
I get how to find g using gradient, but how would you find T? (Just in case).

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I get how to find g using gradient, but how would you find T? (Just in case).
You don't find T using the gradient because it's part of the gradient, so the only question they could ask to find T would be given 'g', 'l' and then all you have to do is sub into the formula.

Parrot

HSC
Ahh. Alrighty. Thank you everyone! Much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)