Please help URGENT - DROPPING PHYS??!!!! (1 Viewer)

crazygirl1

HSC
I am in year 12 now (first term). I currently have 10 units:
chem
phys
eng adv
business
math 2u

I am considering of dropping physics and doing senior science. Is this a good choice? As I am only just passing my physics exams in year 11 and I know if I do senior science I can do really well in it. But is the scaling really bad? Like if I get an 80 physics is that better then a 92 in senior science? Please help as I only have short time before I have to make a decision. What will be more beneficial for me? Its either I spend time and try to really improve my physics or do senior science but then again, low scaling?

aiming for 96+ atar

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I am in year 12 now (first term). I currently have 10 units:
chem
phys
eng adv
business
math 2u

I am considering of dropping physics and doing senior science. Is this a good choice? As I am only just passing my physics exams in year 11 and I know if I do senior science I can do really well in it. But is the scaling really bad? Like if I get an 80 physics is that better then a 92 in senior science? Please help as I only have short time before I have to make a decision. What will be more beneficial for me? Its either I spend time and try to really improve my physics or do senior science but then again, low scaling?

aiming for 96+ atar
Maybe try keep physics for a term (my school let people drop to senior during the year but not sure if that is the same for you). Yeah it has pretty poor scaling. A band 6 90 in senior science science is like equivalent to a 78-80 in physics. A band 5 in physics is pretty achievable even if you are barely passing in year 11, since in HSC schools focus more on exam technique than in year 11 so you should be able to improve and get a good mark in physics if you are willing to put in the effort. But it also depends on the type of ATAR you want if its 90s then maybe senior would work but if you are looking for something like a 96+ I would try to keep physics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)