Speech tips (1 Viewer)

highshill

HSC
I have to do a speech on Robert H Goddard for physics,but what should i do in the speech so i can get full marks.

how on earth do you do a speech for physics.

But whats really creepy is that our physics class only has 2 students so technically i am just giving my speech to two people (teacher included) i feel nervous doing the speech because of this, how do i overcome this.

Does any one have any past experience on how to do a good speech on this.

Thanks

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
A speech for physics, never seen that before!

Not sure if your teacher wants it to be informal or pretty much like an essay read out so check your criteria and ask him/her.

Also to be more confident keep reading it in front of the mirror or practice in front of your family. Make sure to stand still with good posture, project your voice clearly and fluently, and use hand gestures while keeping your legs still (not fidgeting).

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
We had to do a presentation for Prelim physics, except my class was 19 students back then.

You should do great, just follow pikachu's advice :jump:

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Wow I had exactly the same assessment - I also gave a speech to my Physics class about Robert H Goddard. In the end I got 24/25 (lost a mark since I spoke too fast). Anyways some tips:

- Make sure your speech is filled with physics concepts, equations and theories (for example in my speech I talked about Newton's Laws of Motion and Conservation of Momentum etc.)

- You don't have to be really formal - it's not English. I used a lot of contractions and talked colloquially to convey a point to my class easily and understandably.

- If it's a presentation and speech, make sure the presentation has a lot of pictures rather than words. It's better to explain the pictures rather than just reading off the words (which would probably get you minimal marks)

- Don't speak too fast! (That's where I lost my mark lol)

- Since your presentation is on Goddard, I would recommend giving an assessment on his contribution since the dot-point I think covers his contribution or something silly like that.

- Finally, make sure your speech has good structure. In my presentation my structure was:
  • Historical development of rockets prior to Goddard
  • Brief outline of Goddard's work
  • de Laval's Nozzle
  • Multi Stage Rocket
  • Liquid Fuel Rocket
  • Gyroscopic Control
  • Overall assessment

If you're doing a presentation, I could probably send you what I did as a guide.

Good luck!

Last edited:

highshill

HSC
Wow I had exactly the same assessment - I also gave a speech to my Physics class about Robert H Goddard. In the end I got 24/25 (lost a mark since I spoke too fast). Anyways some tips:

- Make sure your speech is filled with physics concepts, equations and theories (for example in my speech I talked about Newton's Laws of Motion and Conservation of Momentum etc.)

- You don't have to be really formal - it's not English. I used a lot of contractions and talked colloquially to convey a point to my class easily and understandably.

- If it's a presentation and speech, make sure the presentation has a lot of pictures rather than words. It's better to explain the pictures rather than just reading off the words (which would probably get you minimal marks)

- Since you're presentation is on Goddard, I would recommend giving an assessment on his contribution since the dot-point I think covers his contribution or something silly like that.

- Finally, make sure your speech has good structure. In my presentation my structure was:
  • de Laval's Nozzle
  • Multi Stage Rocket
  • Liquid Fuel Rocket
  • Gyroscopic Control
  • Overall assessment

If you're doing a presentation, I could probably send you what I did as a guide.

Good luck!
wow what a coincidence we got the exact same assignment:jawdrop:

:cool:

highshill

HSC

- Since you're presentation is on Goddard, I would recommend giving an assessment on his contribution since the dot-point I think covers his contribution or something silly like that.

• de Laval's Nozzle
  • Multi Stage Rocket
  • Liquid Fuel Rocket
  • Gyroscopic Control
  • Overall assessment

Good luck!
i would love a guide for the presentation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)