Overlap between past Physics Syllabus vs Current (NEW) Syllabus (1 Viewer)

frog0101

HSC
N/A
Hi,
Does anyone know of specific overlap in the topics taught for the current syllabus for Physics and past? Or questions from past HSC's that will apply to the new syllabus?

Thanks

andrew12678

HSC
I am definitely not well informed about the new syllabus but from taking a quick look,

Module 5: Advanced Mechanics: Projectile, Circular and Gravitational Fields have all been covered in Module 1: Space in the OLD HSC
Module 6: Electromagnetism: This seems exactly like Module 2: M & G
Module 7: The Nature of Light: Maxwell is new, the Spectra content seems like it's from the old Option Astrophysics (I did this option and really liked it actually), Light: Wave Model seems new, Light: Quantum Model is found in Module 3: Ideas to Implementation, Light and Special Relativity is from Module 1: Space
Module 8: From the Universe to the Atom: Origin of the Universe-this is from Astrophysics again, Structure of the Atom-this is from Ideas to Implementation again, Quantum Mechanical Nature of the Atom this seems like it's from Quanta to Quarks (not sure bc I didn't do this option), Properties of the Nucleus feel like this is from Yr 10 and below Science lmao, Deep inside the Atom might be from Quanta to Quarks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)