Senior Science - sad course (1 Viewer)

kmb3asv3

This is a serious message that I want to inform any students who are INTENDING or ALREADY doing Senior Science (SS).

This course is a course that is EASIER comparing to physic/biology/chemistry, and it is true that to achieve the same raw mark it will be a lot easier in SS. But never forget, the scaling of the UAI has a major affect on the final UAI calculations. Today I performed an estimated (!!) calculation using Lazseeker, if person A gets 80 in SS and person B gets 80 in physics, then person B will have 10 marks higher than person B. Even worse, if person A gets 70 in SS and person B gets 65 in physics, person B has well passed person A by a full 20 marks!

I really regret that I dropped out of physics at the beginning of Yr 12, trusting the SS teacher who persuaded me so much and made up a really nice story about students last year did so well in their HSC because they studied SS. Although I wasn't doing too well in physics, but if I actually tried then it wasn't as hard as it appeared to be...The reason I dropped out was because in my yr 11 2nd major exam I failed, and the reason is because I only spend the week before the exam to study, AND the day before the exam it was 11/9 and I surprisingly focussed on the news more than I ever did..

Personally, what I am trying to say is that if you have a feeling that you will not get at least 95/100 for everything in SS for school assessments, then I strongly recommend you to choose some other course (even not science). I also strongly recommend students who study physics/biology/chemistry NOT to drop out of those courses for SS, even you might think you are doing bad in those courses in Yr 11, it means nothing, you can still do well in yr 12! You will regret SO MUCH afterwards!!!

Lullaby

i didn't realise senior science would be marked down so much until late in my course.If our school had informed us properly about these kind of things i would not have picked half the courses i did.But no use dwelling about it at least i can help my brother pick courses that will enhance his uai.:)

UniGirl

Senior Science

Hi guys!
I completed the HSC last year and I studied Senior Science. The exam is relatively easy - if you cover all dot points and can write down clear concise answers. Use all of the time you are allowed for the xam - don't leave early! Not a good plan.
If you work hard you can achieve high marks as I did which will inevitably pull up your UAI.
Good luck to everyone studing Senior Science this year!!

Arch-man

I'm struggling to get 60% in SS, and I'm bombing out in another subject. I need a 90+ UAI and all my other subjects are about 80 - 95%.

And my Year Adviser wonders why I want to accumulate next year...

boycalledfox

i agree. it's terrible that we are only fully made aware of the consequences choosing our courses towards the end of them. i think senior science is stupidly easy myself, i got 97 in the trial, yet some people still struggle. but theres not much point worrying, if you do well then you're still going to get a good uai.

lullaby, i think that most people feel that way about their courses.

Lolly

sen sci is easy as a mutha fucka wats the deal? do it, unless ur fukin retarded u'll go splendidly

Lullaby

thats definetly a colourful way of putting it. But i don't think you should put people down who are having troubles with the course im not personally but some of my friends are and they are not what you referred to they are smart people.

:cool: Lullaby

Katie_02

About what you said about Senior Science

:eek: Hi,

Okay some of the things you said about the Senior Science course are true, about the scaling I mean not everthing else.

I do Senior Science and really enjoy it. It has all the other sciences like Physics etc combined in it. It shows that I enjoy it by the reflection in my marks. I pass.

So don't think that it is really stupid and u will regret doing it, because I didn't and really enjoyed my teacher and the class and subjects.

Bye

U shouldn't just be thinking about the scaling and how it will effect you. I mean Senior Science isn't the only subject in the sylllabus that gets scaled. Come on.

foxylady

senior science is pathetically easy, i had to pick it up when i dropped 3 unit maths. i'm going crap at every other subject but i'm still coming first in science despite it being the subject i put the least amount of work into

but u'll all be happy to know that its scaled better than general maths or english, so theres still hope!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)