Drop chem for senior science? (1 Viewer)

Penguinpop

HSC
Currently in year 11, my subjects are advanced English, general maths, biology, chemistry, business studies and economics. Doing pretty well in all except for chem. Should I continue on with chem or replace it with senior science? I'm worried that with senior science, most of my subjects will scale badly and I won't get a very good ATAR overall. Any advice?

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
you can drop chem altogether at the end of HSC and still satisfy the requirements of an atar

photastic

HSC
Well, roughly a 90 in senior science is equivalent to an 80 in chemistry, so choose whatever is more comfortable for you. I seen the students who were in my prelim chem class that dropped to senior science for their hsc are getting like 90+ in their assessments compared to 60-70s for prelim chem. However, since you are stronger in all your other subjects, an alternative is to simply drop to 10 units for the hsc so that you have more time to focus on them.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Currently in year 11, my subjects are advanced English, general maths, biology, chemistry, business studies and economics. Doing pretty well in all except for chem. Should I continue on with chem or replace it with senior science? I'm worried that with senior science, most of my subjects will scale badly and I won't get a very good ATAR overall. Any advice?
don't do it brah

Senior science is terrible, I have a mate who did the exact same thing, dropped chem for senior science

he regrets it (i can see it in his eyes)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend pming to alphabetafeta96 (should be on after next tuesday).

Alpha has absolutely no regrets in dropping chemistry and picking up senior science.

What type of marks are you getting in chem/school ranking and past historical performances from your school should also be looked at before dropping.
(Also ranks?)

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend pming to alphabetafeta96 (should be on after next tuesday).

Alpha has absolutely no regrets in dropping chemistry and picking up senior science.

What type of marks are you getting in chem/school ranking and past historical performances from your school should also be looked at before dropping.
(Also ranks?)
I'm here. Stalking you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)