Can I teach myself another option module instead of the one learnt in class? (1 Viewer)

CelticDove

HSC
I'm doing the disasters option module for senior science and I've been struggling with it all year. There's a polymer option module that I think will be much easier because a lot of it crosses over with chemistry, which I do. So would it be okay to ditch disasters?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Sounds amusing, but I don't see why not, technically. However, why waste all that time and effort to do so when you're so close to all your exams?

CelticDove

HSC
Sounds amusing, but I don't see why not, technically. However, why waste all that time and effort to do so when you're so close to all your exams?
I know it seems rather risky. But when I say I've been struggling with disasters, I mean I cannot for the life of me understand all this stuff. Teachers haven't been much help either.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I know it seems rather risky. But when I say I've been struggling with disasters, I mean I cannot for the life of me understand all this stuff. Teachers haven't been much help either.
If you're really that desperate for it then yes but otherwise I'd highly recommend against it because it's too much content in so little time

CelticDove

HSC
If you're really that desperate for it then yes but otherwise I'd highly recommend against it because it's too much content in so little time
Thanks for the advice. But I really believe that I will do much better with polymers and I have actually gone over this topic a few times.

Just another question if you don't mind, will the HSC paper be like trials with all the option module questions? I just want to be 100% sure

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
That's what I've sort of done with Software - learnt the other Option and now I'll do whichever is easier for me

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice. But I really believe that I will do much better with polymers and I have actually gone over this topic a few times.

Just another question if you don't mind, will the HSC paper be like trials with all the option module questions? I just want to be 100% sure
Yes the HSC paper will have all the options and you can choose what you want to do. You seem pretty confident of yourself so I'd say go with polymers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)