micky131

HSC
crammy90 said:
tis the end of this lovely course tomorrow
any1 done all papers?
ive done 2001-3
good luck
HOWD YOU GO??

i got up early this morning and did every past paper multiple choice so im hoping i nailed that haha

ilwkh

HSC
micky131 said:
HOWD YOU GO??

i got up early this morning and did every past paper multiple choice so im hoping i nailed that haha
did u find senior science exam easy? i thought it was a bit long and tricky.

ilwkh

HSC
micky131 said:
pretty average not so much easy but it was ok...howd u find it?
i think it was okay but i want to discuss some of my answers. The question showing a machine that filters and oxygenates blood was the answer heart-lung machine?

micky131

HSC
ilwkh said:
i think it was okay but i want to discuss some of my answers. The question showing a machine that filters and oxygenates blood was the answer heart-lung machine?
haha that question got me soo confused...i thought it was a heart lung machine but i think i talked more about it being the machine used as an artificial heart?? i was a bit undecided...

ilwkh

HSC
What about the 7 mark biomaterial question. For pacemakers i wote titanium alloy and for artificial valve, i said made out of silicone. What was ur answer?
also for the use of light in communication, i wrote about fax, optical fibres, bar codes, ultrasound and x-ray. Is that right?

Last edited:

crammy90

HSC
ilwkh said:
What about the 7 mark biomaterial question. For pacemakers i wote titanium alloy and for artificial valve, i said made out of silicone. What was ur answer?
also for the use of light in communication, i wrote about fax, optical fibres, bar codes, ultrasound and x-ray. Is that right?
oh nice
man i wrote like 3 pages for that aha
i wrote for actificial valves
- teflon
- pyrolytic carbon
and for pacemakers
- titanium (casing)
- polypropylene
- silicone
- platinum
i just did that before i went in exams thismorning was really weird aye...

for the fibre optics i focussed on what they could do and they gave a few examples
i think we probly said the same stuff
i thought it was a good exam
i liked its layout aswell like the tearing off each section
was good
hardest question for me was that nailpolish one aha
but i think i got it just said it was a suspension whose solvent could dissolve it :S

and for that multiple choice
i think 13
the heart valves
i answered to ensure one way backflow
but i was really going towards to increase blood pressure...because i mean they stop bloodflow to allow increased blood pressure as the ventricles can then contract :S

ilwkh

HSC
i heard senior scale down if u dont get high band 5 and band 6. is that true?

crammy90

HSC
ilwkh said:
i heard senior scale down if u dont get high band 5 and band 6. is that true?
yeh its pretty bad i think
but if u get over 90 i mean say it went to 85 thats still 85...

UNZPME

HSC
fuk me ded that was the easiest exam evaaa band 5-6 for sure:D:D:D all that studying really pay of. it was pretty long though.hw did other find it....and did eny1 walk out the 1st hour coz mannn lots waled out just me and my frend stayed the whoel 3hours

sannous1

HSC
UNZPME said:
fuk me ded that was the easiest exam evaaa band 5-6 for sure:D:D:D all that studying really pay of. it was pretty long though.hw did other find it....and did eny1 walk out the 1st hour coz mannn lots waled out just me and my frend stayed the whoel 3hours

ooh stepp bakk lol mwa

BackCountrySnow

HSC
ilwkh said:
ultrasound: uses sound waves
x-rays: uses x-rays :p

crammy90

HSC
well i think UNZPME will need to come on here after and post his mark just to confirm :p

niccc nac

niccc
HSC
ilwkh said:
hey that question confused me to... i thought it was just an artificial lung machine. the pump was there to pump the blood through the oxygenator and essentially perform the role of the lungs.. but im thinking heart lung machine might of been best answer looking back...

Lebstr

HSC
niccc nac said:
hey that question confused me to... i thought it was just an artificial lung machine. the pump was there to pump the blood through the oxygenator and essentially perform the role of the lungs.. but im thinking heart lung machine might of been best answer looking back...
defenatly heart lung mahine

sannous1

HSC
crammy90 said:
well i think UNZPME will need to come on here after and post his mark just to confirm :p
he sure will i believe his gona get around band 6 his realli good at that subject u noe u go unzpme :)

Hajime

HSC
Lol! It's My science teacher's last day... He was cool! Everybody say bye to him! His name is Mr James!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)