Outline the purpose of the emulsifying agent in a range of consumer cleaning products (1 Viewer)

LouisaCar

HSC
PLEASE HELP!!! If anyone has done this dotpoint I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me what you put down for it. I only got soap and detergent in my textbook and I was going to put shampoo but it says it's Anionic... so this wouldn't fit right? cos it doesn't form an emulsion???

Kat92

HSC
Re: Outline the purpose of the emulsifying agent in a range of consumer cleaning prod

From memory I think you may be referring to:

Anionic surfactants Cationic surfactants Non-ionic surfactants

Property

Highly sudsing. Excellent cleaning properties. Breaks cell wall of bacteria (due to ammonium in the head). Low sudsing.

Structure
Negatively charged head and hydrocarbon tail. Positively charged head and hydrocarbon tail. Slightly charged head and hydrocarbon tail.

Use:
Laundry detergents; dishwashing liquids; hair shampoos; adding dyes to textiles; in engine lubricants; keep chemicals suspended in chemicals used in agriculture.
Disinfectants; antiseptic soaps; mouthwashes; nappy washes; antistatic agents; flocculants in sewage treatment.
Laundry detergents; automatic dishwashers; washing cars; cosmetics; paints; adhesives; insecticides and herbicides; extracting minerals (froth flotation).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)