Should I pick up senior science? (1 Viewer)

hsclife

HSC
Im currently in year 11 and im thinking of picking up senior science in year 12
My subjects are: ext 1 maths, ext1 English, chemistry, physics, economics.
Im doing well in chem and 2u maths, average in the rest and poorly in economics. In my school we can do ss even if we're doing 2 other sciences so
Im thinking of dropping eco for ss because I dont enjoy the subject and im bad at it. Eco is a fairly good scaler and ss is a horrible scaler so im not sure if I should pick it up.
Even if I dont pick ss up and just drop eco ill still have 10units so im just doing ss as a backup and its less workload than eco.
My school is ranked 10 to 20 if that matters.

Advice would be appreciated :)

Axio

=o
HSC
Im currently in year 11 and im thinking of picking up senior science in year 12
My subjects are: ext 1 maths, ext1 English, chemistry, physics, economics.
Im doing well in chem and 2u maths, average in the rest and poorly in economics. In my school we can do ss even if we're doing 2 other sciences so
Im thinking of dropping eco for ss because I dont enjoy the subject and im bad at it. Eco is a fairly good scaler and ss is a horrible scaler so im not sure if I should pick it up.
Even if I dont pick ss up and just drop eco ill still have 10units so im just doing ss as a backup and its less workload than eco.
My school is ranked 10 to 20 if that matters.

Advice would be appreciated :)
Unless you really want to do ss, I think that you should just drop to 10 units. Maybe consider Maths or English extension 2 if you really want a back-up.

hsclife

HSC
Unless you really want to do ss, I think that you should just drop to 10 units. Maybe consider Maths or English extension 2 if you really want a back-up.
What would be the better choice between doing economics or ss? Will hsc eco get better/more interesting/easier?
Thanks for reply

Axio

=o
HSC
What would be the better choice between doing economics or ss? Will hsc eco get better/more interesting/easier?
Thanks for reply
I'm sure that you would get more out of economics as it is quite interesting and useful, whereas ss is a bit of a bludge. But as you say, you aren't enjoying eco so there isn't much point in keeping it, nor is there that much point in picking up ss.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I think you should drop economics definitely and pick up senior science on a trial basis. TBH I don't think there is much value in picking up senior science unless you actually enjoy it and/or you are somewhat certain of doing well in it - both which you can test when trialing the subject (Chances are it is more of a backup for all-rounders achievement than a contribution towards your ATAR due to its poor scaling).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for reply
HSC eco gets more interesting. However if you really hate economics, and judging from your other subjects you appear to have the potential to do well enough in it it will over ride scaling arguments.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for reply
Dunno don't think it got any easier or hardier.

hsclife

HSC
thanks for replies guys, the subjects im doing right now are good scalers so im dropping eco to concentrate on them: chem, phys, 3 maths, 3 english, ill pick up ss just as a backup since its much easier than eco, i dont believe there's any point doing a subject that requires a lot of work and in the end not count towards my hsc since its top 10 units.

hsclife

HSC
i also really enjoyed junior science and chemistry which is also another reason i'm considering to pick senior science, i don't really like physics though

jeffreyyin

HSC
N/A
Im in a similar situation to u, considering picking senior science...

hsclife

HSC
alright guys ill probably be picking up ss, thanks for the advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)