Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Zoinked
  • 1 Post By eyeseeyou
  • 1 Post By KingOfActing

Thread: Can I teach myself another option module instead of the one learnt in class?

HSC

Can I teach myself another option module instead of the one learnt in class?

I'm doing the disasters option module for senior science and I've been struggling with it all year. There's a polymer option module that I think will be much easier because a lot of it crosses over with chemistry, which I do. So would it be okay to ditch disasters?

HSC

Re: Can I teach myself another option module instead of the one learnt in class?

Sounds amusing, but I don't see why not, technically. However, why waste all that time and effort to do so when you're so close to all your exams?
    hawkrider likes this.

2016 ATAR: >90
    2017-2020: Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) @ Mq Uni

HSC

Re: Can I teach myself another option module instead of the one learnt in class?

Quote Originally Posted by mattstaker View Post
    Sounds amusing, but I don't see why not, technically. However, why waste all that time and effort to do so when you're so close to all your exams?
    I know it seems rather risky. But when I say I've been struggling with disasters, I mean I cannot for the life of me understand all this stuff. Teachers haven't been much help either.

Ancient Orator
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by CelticDove View Post
    I know it seems rather risky. But when I say I've been struggling with disasters, I mean I cannot for the life of me understand all this stuff. Teachers haven't been much help either.
    If you're really that desperate for it then yes but otherwise I'd highly recommend against it because it's too much content in so little time
    hawkrider likes this.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by eyeseeyou View Post
    If you're really that desperate for it then yes but otherwise I'd highly recommend against it because it's too much content in so little time
    Thanks for the advice. But I really believe that I will do much better with polymers and I have actually gone over this topic a few times.

Just another question if you don't mind, will the HSC paper be like trials with all the option module questions? I just want to be 100% sure

HSC

That's what I've sort of done with Software - learnt the other Option and now I'll do whichever is easier for me
    2015 HSC
    Mathematics 2U
    2016 HSC
    Advanced English, Drama, Maths 3U, Maths 4U, Music 2, Extension Music, Chemistry, Software Design & Development
    Currently studying
    Advanced Mathematics (Hons)/Computer Science @ UNSW (2017– )

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfActing View Post
    That's what I've sort of done with Software - learnt the other Option and now I'll do whichever is easier for me
    Wait, 15 units and learning multiple options?????
    ^ This is the result if you have too much time on your hands + procrastination... ^

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by CelticDove View Post
    Thanks for the advice. But I really believe that I will do much better with polymers and I have actually gone over this topic a few times.

Just another question if you don't mind, will the HSC paper be like trials with all the option module questions? I just want to be 100% sure
    Yes the HSC paper will have all the options and you can choose what you want to do. You seem pretty confident of yourself so I'd say go with polymers!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by kashkow View Post
    Wait, 15 units and learning multiple options?????
    Look software isn't a hard subject ahaha, it's like software+hardware relationships or paradigms with a focus on OOP, both of which I'm familiar with
    kashkow likes this.
    2015 HSC
    Mathematics 2U
    2016 HSC
    Advanced English, Drama, Maths 3U, Maths 4U, Music 2, Extension Music, Chemistry, Software Design & Development
    Currently studying
    Advanced Mathematics (Hons)/Computer Science @ UNSW (2017– )

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGas View Post
    Yes the HSC paper will have all the options and you can choose what you want to do. You seem pretty confident of yourself so I'd say go with polymers!
    Thanks!!

HSC

yes. GL

Thread Information