Best GPS school (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
What do u guys think it's the best GPS school? Considering academics, sports, facilities and welfare.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
GPS schools are full of wankers who think they are top shit. I personally don't give a fuck if you are in the First 8 of rowing.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Great Public Schools, or Athletic Association of the Greater Public Schools of New South Wales (AAGPS) is an association of mostly private boys' schools in New South Wales, Australia that share common interests, ethics, educational philosophy and contest sporting events among themselves. AAGPS was formed at a meeting in a cafe on 30 March 1892. As of 2004, AAGPS has nine members - eight Sydney schools and The Armidale School, a country boarding school: From Wikipedia.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Kings - racist pricks. Nazi uniforms. Stopped importing. Shit academically.
Grammar - excellent school, if you have $20000 a year for it.
Newington - good buildings, shit otherwise.
View - great facilities, great sport. Shit academics.
Joeys - ditto View.
Shore - nice place, decent academics, decent at sport. A shitter version of Grammar.
Scots - shittest school in NSW. And paying $18000 a year just makes it all the lot more worse.
High - best school in the GPS. Unless you're looking to become the next Waratahs one-game stint player, High's the school. The sporting recognition of the GPS, incredibly sexily academic, great environment. $700 a year. Take that you toff pricks. You can't buy spirit.

For more info; http://blogs.boredofstudies.org/bookie/?mode=comments&p=4

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
gracie007 said:
kings is by far the worst out of the lot
what makes you believe that? please, support urself.

-----------

please, i dont want this debate. does it really make a difference from which GPS u school u go to?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
kings isn't bad. Last yrs dux did get 99.9 or 99.95, and they have small classes and good teachers. Especially compared to high lol.

shellsbells15

HSC
kings is full of wankers. trust me my ex went there. most of them simply deserve a bullet.
basically all gps schools are crap... they all import players for their teams...
whereas barker on the other hand doesn't import anyonoe but we still manage to whip knox's buttocks in everything....

lets just add apple chapel to the debate here... knox ppl will be cringing at the mention of it. anyone who doesn't know what it means look it up on wikipeadia... will be the highlight of ur day.
funny shit

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
shellsbells15 said:
kings is full of wankers. trust me my ex went there. most of them simply deserve a bullet.
and what have they 'done' to deserve such a title 'wankers', or obliged to have a bullet in their head?

shellsbells15 said:
basically all gps schools are crap... they all import players for their teams...whereas barker on the other hand doesn't import anyonoe but we still manage to whip knox's buttocks in everything....
what makes GPS schools 'crap'?

as for the importing players, this is not always the case. save for a small number of years, the vast majority of top teams are 'home-grown', or they simply have the 'talent/potential' in them. this implies that they enrolled at these GPS schools WITHOUT any sporting scholarships. i can tell you now that kings has very little or next to no sporting scholarships offered.

i imagine this is the case with the other GPS schools.

shellsbells15 said:
lets just add apple chapel to the debate here... knox ppl will be cringing at the mention of it. anyone who doesn't know what it means look it up on wikipeadia... will be the highlight of ur day.
funny shit
firstly, knox and barker are NOT GPS schools. they are CAS schools.

secondly, the 'apple chapel' rumour...are u saying that these supposed activities only happen in top elite private schools? what evidence do u have against non-GPS schools having the same 'activity' occuring, or indeed, homosexuality?

and why should it be that homosexuality is factor that degrades the reputation of high schools, let alone top private schools?

i thought that in our society today we need to be more tolerant towards other people that dont seem to abide by YOUR idea of the 'ordinary person'.

please, dont make sweeping generalisations, particularly towards other schools.

i strongly encourage that this thread be closed. this thread serves no purpose other than an outlet for spam, discrimination, generalisations, and does nothing to contribute positively to the BOS community at large.

shellsbells15

HSC
did anyone else laugh when they read that last post....

all i can say is SOMEONE HAS NO LIFE.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
shellsbells15 said:
basically all gps schools are crap... they all import players for their teams...
whereas barker on the other hand doesn't import anyonoe but we still manage to whip knox's buttocks in everything....

funny shit
great, so ur ex is now representative of a whole school. lol

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
The fact that the GPS has set out that no scholarship for sport shall be given says a lot about your claims that they are full of imports.

Ignoring the fact that some schools may try to disguise these under some academic scholarship which is largely a myth rather than fact, this means that everyone is either there through academic merit or as full fee paying students. There are certainly students with potentials in sport at these schools but rather than being enticed by a scholarship for that specific purpose, it is the other aspects that see them at that school.

And since it was a generalisation, what does High offer to import talents? $800 scholarship to cover school fees?

I find your generalisation offensive. Sure, Kings has its share of the bad ones, but I had friends at Kings and they are humble, down to earth people.

To the main topic of which GPS school is better, it's really a question of personal preference. Ignoring the case of Armidale (too far away), academically I believe it's up to the individual so the choice of school has little relevance, since all the GPS schools are quite capable of getting you the UAI you want. In sport, it depends on your field. Overall, I would rate Grammar at the top, followed closely by High. Then it would be split between Riverview and perhaps Shore, with Kings, Joeys and Newington slightly behind (in that order). Scots comes last.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
shellsbells15 said:
did anyone else laugh when they read that last post....
...apparently not.

shellsbells15 said:
all i can say is SOMEONE HAS NO LIFE.
...and dont you have anything else better to do than bagging out private schools?

to Templar and sikeveo, thank you very much for sharing your comments.

shellsbells15

HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
...apparently not.

...and dont you have anything else better to do than bagging out private schools?

to Templar and sikeveo, thank you very much for sharing your comments.
well considering i go to one i'm not bagging them out... im more bagging out the fact that you would bother to write so much to prove me wrong. You really need some friends buddy.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
shellsbells15 said:
well considering i go to one i'm not bagging them out...
im more bagging out the fact that you would bother to write so much to prove me wrong.
well, isnt that the point of these online forums, to point out if people are wrong? why do we have to live in ignorance and drown ourselves in stereotypes? this is a democracy you know. what reasons do you have to bag out other people's opinions just because it doesnt comply with you opinion?

shellsbells15 said:
You really need some friends buddy.
mate, i do have friends. REAL friends. in flesh and blood. please, don't judge people primarily from their online forum posts.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
i strongly encourage that this thread be closed. this thread serves no purpose other than an outlet for spam, discrimination, generalisations, and does nothing to contribute positively to the BOS community at large.
Nar, fuck that, leave it open, anybody who brings in stupid aspects like apple chappel deserve to be laughed at by other BOS's.

My point is, I went to Sydney Grammar for 9 years. It really is full of fucking wankers. I have a few friends from SGS, but honestly, the mentaility of all GPS schools are fucked.

The traditional aspects work for some people, but for the majority who turn out to be wankers with nothing else but sport on their mind, and how they perform on saturday on the field, etc....gah.

Fuckwits.

BTW, if this post didn't make sence in some aspects, it's because I'm listening to loud music atm in the library, so I have little to no concentration.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
tako said:
The traditional aspects work for some people, but for the majority who turn out to be wankers with nothing else but sport on their mind, and how they perform on saturday on the field, etc....gah.
hmmmm very true. sad thing that sport takes precedent over academics for GPS schools.

tako said:
BTW, if this post didn't make sence in some aspects, it's because I'm listening to loud music atm in the library, so I have little to no concentration.
hmmm...:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)