Is anyone serious about their future? (1 Viewer)

bscared

HSC
Every sentence I read at this site has people being stupid and joking around about their future paths/career even though the question was serious.
I was wondering if there are any serious people out there who care about their future.
Me, I probably will fail my HSC but I'm going to get a job and save money until I become considered as a mature age student at a university. Then, with all my cash, I will go to uni and do what ever course I want. It also gives me extra time to think about what career I want.
Is there anyone else who would like to tell me their plans or secrets for the future? I haven't seen anyone been serious about the topic.
(Except when people go, "Im going to Uni for 4 years and becoming a lawer" which is a pretty boring conversation)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Kenpachi said:
Im going to be a graphics designer!
ha! good luck getting a job as a grad.
Atm the job market is full of young graphic designers
You gotta be the best if you want in a decent job!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Well I'm serious about my degree - B Music (Composition) @ USYD

I don't mind too much if I don't get uber famous (in the industry - not the pop industry, I mean a different kind of music industry) but I will hella try.

I'm holding a concert again this year. I'm going for honours in my degree too. I'm making as many musical connections everywhere around me.

I think most people here are serious, I'm not sure there really is an alternative when you're investing so much time and money towards something.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
I hope to work as either a freelance stylist[magazine, t.v, or visual merchandiser or fashion desinger .Design as a part of a group or independantly.
There are no good course for me which i can take in uni so it is private collage all the way.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
i'm gonna be a musician too

but real famous. i've got da ideas, its just bout workin em all out.

my backup plan is becoming a lawyer.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
live.fast said:
i'm gonna be a musician too

but real famous. i've got da ideas, its just bout workin em all out.

my backup plan is becoming a lawyer.
you'll be severely busy for the next few years now won't you

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Dono yet, seeing my carrer's advisor twomorrow sigh. I try for Commerce/Law

Vicsta

HSC
yea, preety serious bout future, wanna do engineering but dont have the three unit maths or physics for it. probs go to a private college or tafe and do an advance diployma get the credit points and then transfer to uni... but trusting my ethnic parents :D tafe dosent look like an option haha to them its uni all the way.... lol .... wattya do... :bomb:

James747

HSC
Wanna be a commercial pilot, but doesn't seem to be an easy career path. Have to save up for all the training....unless I get into airline cadets =( But im still still very passionate bout it..

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I wanna be a Go professional! I'll fly to Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, USA, and kick everybody's ass!

-P_D

vtazn21

HSC
N/A
seriously?

im not even considering uni, my subjects and assessment marks are
english st.70
maths 2u.60
physics. 20 (i didnt bother to do a big class test)
A.history. 49
IPT.49

being of a typical azn family. and compared to the "role" model of the family my brother, who achieved a uai of 79 ( he and i were born overseas, and he started hs in yr 10)

i was brought up and told to go to uni, seeking a career in medicine or law.
but after talking with some of my friends (theyre all azn, we go to a 99% azn school lol) i relised that we all had similar "dreams". when i entered year 11, and studying had since den ceased. i began to "enjoy" what life had to offer. eg, going parties,drinking every saturday and a few times exposed myself to illegal substances. ive also started dating during this time...

-------thats my life story, anyways........

after highschool im gunna get into sales and the markets for many reasons.

1. i am a very conserved person, and the training provided will help improve my confidence
2. i am going to start my own business, and knowledge in customer relations and business structure is essential
3. my passion is towards cars and electronics so most likely i'd be a sales representative in one of these trades for starters.

and i will start investing, the asx game helps you learn lol ( i dont do economics or business studies, small regret there..)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
vtazn21 said:
after highschool im gunna get into sales and the markets for many reasons.

1. i am a very conserved person, and the training provided will help improve my confidence
2. i am going to start my own business, and knowledge in customer relations and business structure is essential
3. my passion is towards cars and electronics so most likely i'd be a sales representative in one of these trades for starters.

and i will start investing, the asx game helps you learn lol ( i dont do economics or business studies, small regret there..)
It's i'm going to "aim to get into sales and marketing(or markets?)" - nothing's assured in this world.

Advice:study while you still have the time. It will help you greatly with the choices you have next year.

Last edited:

Cat_Orange

HSC
I'm getting more serious than I was, realising that the HSC is only a couple of months away. (But then again, so is schoolies)

I'm aiming for a UAI of 94 and something in archaeology or pyschology. Whether it all comes together is an entirely different matter.

HSC
Yeah I'm serious about my future. I hate school. I've been waiting six years to get out of this place. It's beginning to make me ill hearing people talk about marks like it determines your entire life.

I'm aiming for about 93 UAI. Intending to work in the film industry, as a director, scriptwriter or something similar. If I don't make it, I'll keep trying till I do o_o I don't think I'll be able to tolerate doing something I hate. It has to be something I enjoy.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I'm really worried about my life post-hsc because I can't get the UAI I need to get into ANU for Law. I know I want to do something to do with Law, in particular human rights, but I'm too dumb. So I think I'm going to try and become a police officer, if I get a UAI over 70...

taki999

HSC
i wanna do psychology...doesnt really mater what uni...at the end you it's all about your uni GPA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)