Racism/Discrimination by teachers at School - advice? (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Hey guys, this is to all the people who have finished school with a high UAI while being discriminated by teachers at school.

By discrimination i mean that teachers pick on you in your marks by taking off a couple of marks, ignores you/says that they "dont know" when asking for advice or giving some other person an extra couple so he/she has a slightly better mark despite the fact that you've beat him/her.

The reason why i'm saying this is because of two reasons:
  1. I've got an british english teacher who is basically a bitter old blonde who seems to always pick on me, the lebs at school and the asians in my class as well
  2. I've got 2 lebanese teachers who, i believe, help those lebanese students by giving them more advice, and i suspect by modifiying their marks so that they get slightly higher than me. (I beat this lebanese guy in the exams, and in all the assignment except for 1 where he beat me by 1 mark out of 35, and yet he beats ME by 1 mark. The subject's science and a lebanese guy is the science co-ord).
So guys, any advice?

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
My rather frank suggestion is that you should grow up. I see nothing from your statements that really suggests racism and if it is there 'a mark or two', 'a bit more advice' are not really worth fussing over.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Is this from last year in yr10? Maybe you'll get new teachers in yr11, and the general consensus is that the teachers treat you a lot better when you're a senior, although in terms of racism I wouldn't know.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
My rather frank suggestion is that you should grow up. I see nothing from your statements that really suggests racism and if it is there 'a mark or two', 'a bit more advice' are not really worth fussing over.
discrimination then.

I'm asking how do people overcome it, because its the principle.

And yes it sounds damn immature, childish and stupid. But it exists. If you have to, ignore the example if you so wish. I'm merely asking people who've encountered discrimination any advice on how to overcome it.

Thats it basically, and any advice would be much appreciated. It the little, subtle things that often have the biggest effect.

Season

HSC
You can go and tell another teacher, you can go above their heads and ask for a re- mark.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
advise the principal. get them fired. lol,,

or just wait till uget solid evidence and then say it. =]

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
lol, alright then guys.

Thanks for the advice, i suppose lettin' them have it might work as well. :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Whoa you got teachers like that ?
Don't think any of my teachers do it ... well none of the ones I've had so far anyway.
But yeah, yr 11 is most probably a-change-of-teacher-year, and it's from there that it really counts. Nothing to worry about :D

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
Whoa you got teachers like that ?
Don't think any of my teachers do it ... well none of the ones I've had so far anyway.
But yeah, yr 11 is most probably a-change-of-teacher-year, and it's from there that it really counts. Nothing to worry about :D
I'm in a small school, so a change-of-teacher is unlikely. Problem is that the co-ordinators are often the ones who are racist (english is racist, and science is biased), and thats a problem.

Oh well, if i bring my family to complain (should it happen) then it'll be no problem. They can't afford any bad reputation thanks to their small numbers.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Change schools to Sydney Grammar?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
funny you should mention it.

One of my friend's parents recommended i move to Sydney boys lol. And i might, any school's better than mine.

bored6

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Real dangerous and grey area you could enter into if you decide to pursue it.

elseany

HSC
for the most your probably misjudging the teacher. If your in year 10 why would you give a shit about 1 or 2 or any number of marks? but if you do get these teachers again just try and be nice to 'em, like crack jokes and stuff, all the teachers i've had have always responded positively to humour.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
littlewing69 said:
Odds are the teacher just hates you, not your race.
true.

I had a year advisor who didnt particularly like me, so continued to crack "wise jokes" at my race and at other people's religions. It could have been taken offensively, however I just got over it and took it as a joke to save the hassle. I also felt that he was being slack and unfair with his marking, having distinct "favourites" but meh.... it was only year 9 so I didn't really care to do anything about it.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
littlewing69 said:
Odds are the teacher just hates you, not your race.
If you know me, you'll know that the racist teachers i'm talking about have no reason to really hate me. The reason why i say they're racist, is because this teacher also hates me, a lebanese guy, around 3 asians and likes all the anglo-saxon whites. The teacher is British, and she treats the anglo-saxons different then they treats us, its justs gets on my nerves.

I want to do good in English, but she'll try to tip the marks in the anglo-saxon's favour.

No matter, this just means i'm going to work hard for the mark, and when i get it, it'll be all the sweeter. :)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
thats because us lebs r cool
we deserve our extra marks
lol dnt h8
You may have posted this a long time ago, but i've had a bad day with lebs at my school, so don't get me started about lebs. :mad1:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
LottoX said:
Some Leb chicks are pretty hawt. It's a pity they make Leb babies though.

Haha, just joking, some Lebanese are really nice, it's a pity there's such a stereotype on them, despite how applicable it may be, it'll never apply to a whole race.
They all act hard, and all act superior, and better than anyone else. That includes both guys and gals.

Gets on my nerves like you wouldn't believe, but otherwise they're perfectly nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)