which school to chose ryde or macarthur girls (1 Viewer)

cool2212

HSC
hi i was jus wondering which school to chose i go to macarthur but ryde gave me a seat and yeh i dunno wat to chose.
my subjects 4 macarthur are std eng, 3unit maths, eco, IT , physics and chem.

4 ryde it is adv eng, 3 unit maths, eco, physics, chem n extention eng.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well it would be a choice between which subjects you really want to do, transport and which school you like the most.

Kabbasi

HSC
Hi there! I thought you might want some input about Ryde - i was in the selective stream (which i am assuming you wanted to know about when you said you "got in") - i was in the first stream of selective kids that went to Ryde but since then I've left it and I'm doing 11 and 12 at Fort Street. I've no clue about Macarthur but let me tell you about Ryde.

It's nice. I lived a few roads away from it so it was convenient for me. However, the one thing which made me change schools was that in years 11 and 12 the selective stream dissolves and combines with the mainstream, which changes the lesson structure -

Disclaimer: I really hope I'm not sounding like a snob when i just said that. This should have gone before i said that.

- but that's important for you because if you'd be going this year you wouldn't be very long in the selective stream so if you went there for that there isn't much point.

When i was at ryde i think they were trying to juggle selective with mainstream because they were unfamiliar with it. It is competitive to an extent, but when i went to my new school i noticed right away that it was alot more brutal in competition, and the surprise will affect you too if you move schools.

There is discipline at ryde, there are resources and things. But there wasn't very much extra-curricular. I still have a friend that goes to Ryde and if you pm me i can give you their username and they might have some advice. Essentially though the decision is up to you. Don't think that a selective stream is magical and tra-la-la and makes you superior; you have to work hard and be on your toes.

How are you going at Macarthur? Do you find the work really easy? If so, then you should take a step up. But if your HSC is in [i think you mean 2008] then it might be too late to change... also have a look at the HSC Results for each school and see how each one went to get a better idea of which school might be better for you.

If you have any specific questions pm me and i'll see if i can answer -

EDIT: I just saw what subjects you're doing. Huh. I'm concerned that at McArthur you'd do standard english while at rsc you would do 3 unit english. Also i'm not sure that rsc offered economics, although there is one social science teacher there who i heard is brilliant if you choose to do another SS.

Personally I think you should stay at Macarthur, but that's personal. It's really you're choice and you shouldn't listen to my opinion. There. Now I confused you.

Kathy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)