How many is too many? (1 Viewer)

mad-triste

HSC
This must certainly be a matter for opinion. But I'd appreciate advice from those who have already emerged from the opposite end of the system - I'm HSCing this year, with the following units -

English (ex2), general math, ancient history, visual art, music 2 & music extension.

Also art extension, but I've finished that already.

Yes, you counted 13. I've stressed about this for countless hours; simply, is it possible, especially with 4 major works? - also vive voces, performances and journals? I planned to drop one of my 1unit subjects, but the fact is, I love all of my subjects... with the exception, of course, of Advanced English.

Is it POSSIBLE? Will it screw up my marks and throw them out a window? Will I be clinically insane by the end of August? Why am I talking in rhetorical questions, even though I finished my feature article assessment last week?

Someone save me.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Haha, oh yep, it's possible. Just try to be consistent and you'll be fine. You may have to multitask every day, say I'll do bit A of Eng Ext 2, bit B of Art and bit C of Music today. What are you doing as your elective in Music 2 & Extension? If you fear you're going to get snowed under, perhaps you could do performance? You'd only need to practice really solidly (like a good solid hour of practice is better than 3 hours of nothing), and not have to worry about 2/3 musicology essays and about 1000000 compositions.

jdcb4

HSC
phhhh, 13, get over it. Admittedly I only do 12 units now but it really is not a lot of work, I had 16 last year.

mad-triste

HSC
jdcb4 said:
phhhh, 13, get over it. Admittedly I only do 12 units now but it really is not a lot of work, I had 16 last year.
^ yes, but you don't have 6-units worth of major works.

lala2 said:
What are you doing as your elective in Music 2 & Extension?
Performance for music 2, musicology for extension. I think that the easiest because I do 3 performances, 1 core composition & one extended essay.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Really? I didn't know you could do an elective different in Music Ext to that of Music 2. But that sounds like a good plan to me--a bit of everything.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Depends on the person.

If you find that you are struggling, drop something.
qft :uhhuh:

Try not to stress about it too much, when I did 15 units I was majorly stressing about dropping something coz I thought/felt like I "had to." But things will hopefully work out in the end. Good luck :)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Around 30% of people who got a 100 UAI last year did >15 units..

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
watatank said:
But chances are they accelerated in a few units so they didnt do it all at once....
I didn't think of that. That's what you get for going to a school that doesn't accelerate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)