What is the best option? (1 Viewer)

adgala

HSC
although i was never in your position...

Since you're the top in your grade in most subjects, Do you think you can sustain that up till the external exams in your HSC year? If so, you're results would not be affected too much from your cohort's marks (i.e. if you top it internally and externally then your overall mark will be a true indicator of how well you did and not a reflection of your school's marks). I am under the impression from the current HSC system that regardless of your school, you can come first in the state in ANY subject and get a 100 UAI IF you top your school internally and then the state externally.

Resources such as textbooks can be easily purchased, borrowed from libraries or even off the net. Do you think your teachers can help you when you need it most (academics wise)? The competition in selective schools often push you to do well but if you're willing to stick it out and study hard, then there really isn't much to it in a selective school.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
honestly: you can do as well as YOU want to do regardless of how shithouse your school is. You just have to work at it. That might mean having to go an extra step or two to find the resources you need, get tutors if you can't cope with a teacher or a subject, use libraries and the internet and study guides, and work hard. Trust me, you can do it without moving schools and it's not even that difficult - i went to a not-so-great school and i did fine.

summermagic

HSC
I think that you should try out for a selective school as Bonnyrigg high was my local high school and there really aren't that many resources compared to my new school. If you do well in the school certificate (around high band 5 and band 6's) then i recommend that you stay. If you do not so well then perhaps moving to the school that you tried out for earlier in the year. I really do believe that Bonny's doesn't push it's students to their full potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)