What Year/Grade should we consider seriously studying? (1 Viewer)

stuffedforhsc

im not smart =(
HSC
lol, people have been telling me Year 7 is the year to bludge and year 8 and year 9. So, what year are we supposed to get serious in studying. Like serious.. preparing for HSC etc. (Of course each year we have to get serious, however, if you get my topic please tell me =P )

PrettyVacant

HSC
stuffedforhsc said:
lol, people have been telling me Year 7 is the year to bludge and year 8 and year 9. So, what year are we supposed to get serious in studying. Like serious.. preparing for HSC etc. (Of course each year we have to get serious, however, if you get my topic please tell me =P )
Yr 12?

forevaunited

HSC
Definately keep up in maths tho. . . thats the only subject where you have important carry-over skills. Of course it is best if you can stay competent in most subjects. . . but maths is an important one.

Also, probably year 11 you should make the effort to study a little bit harder, because its very difficult to suddenly go from year 11 bludge . . . suddenly to year 12 where stuff counts

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you should start studying in yr 11, in preparation in yr 12, but them a majority of people i know started fully studying when they start the hsc course

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
In home country we start study serious year 3

hours per night equal grade number

learn violin and work at factory in weekend

you children lazy!

we have calculus by year 5

you only arithmetic

stupid aussies!

cl3nta

HSC
I'd start messing around with studying techniques and "schedules" in year 10. In year 11, you kinda need to know the stuff you learn for the next year. So i'd say make sure you got stuff set. No need to go hardcore in y11 but make sure you know ur prelim syllabus. During year12, i think you should be studying.. well at least procrastinating:p goodluck:)

menelaus

HSC
theres a lot of times i wish i hadnt put effort into yrs 7-11 and bludged a bit more, but then i think that if i had done nothing up to yr 12, how would i have been able to study?

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
Start actuallt trying in 11. Make sure you keep up with your maths and languages if you plan to do them for your HSC though.

Seriously though, stage 6 is very different and doing well at year 10 english really has no comparison to years 11 and 12 english. Actually put some effort into year 11 and make some mistakes, learn how to propperly write an english essay after reading the text. A lot of people at my school went "I'll start doing work in year 12" and for the first year 12 english assessment even though they obviously tried a lot more than before they got Cs because they really didn't know what they were doing.

stuffedforhsc

im not smart =(
HSC
are u guys serious? o__o year 7/8/9/10/11 is stupid? S= man u kids are crazy x) just coz you guys are smart etc etc. man, im going to so screw up!! =P Calculus year 5 o__o? are u being serious!

over9k

HSC
Ugh, don't ever bludge maths in years 7-10. I learnt the hard way.

Legham

HSC
I agree with the start studying in year 12 idea. Though, i only crammed for the first time with my last exams, so thats kinda hypocritical.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
for year 12:

2 unit maths youll need a fair bit of junior math knowledge. you may be able to keep after previously bludging, but youll find alot of the time youll be in a "what? where did that come from?...oh were meant to use that thing..." situation.

english, imo, was basically just about being able to express yourself, which is something you kind of just pick up and cant really learn directly from junior school. read books. it makes you gansta.

on the odd occasion during biology you would need to remember something from back in year 11, but nothing that 10 minutes worth of catch-up reading wont be able to cover.

software design was basically a repeat of what you learnt in year 11 with a few minor additions.

for history and religion: you could have spent the last 12 years worth of your school life in a series of temporary commas, that tend to only kick in during these two classes and still not be at any disadvantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)