formal prep (1 Viewer)

HSC
I know this probably shouldn't go here..but i wasn't sure so...

Basically i'm just wondering, are you guys planning on buying or dressing and planning things right now? Someone i know bought her shoes yesterday and i thought it was a bit early..But she reminded me that it'd be better to do it now instead of just before our hsc when we will be needing that time..

What do you guys think? I can't remember the exact date of my formal but its basically just after our hsc ends...

ellen.louise

HSC
It's good to get it over with early, but if you have fluctuating weight find the sort of dress you want and buy it closer to the time. Nothing worse than having a dress a bit too tight or thinking, damn, i could have gone a size down and looked hawter!

williamc

HSC
I can't believe this thread is in already. But from a male perspective i won't be getting my stuff until 7 days or closer from the formal. For the year 10 formal i organised my suit the morning of the formal.

HSC
I probably should start looking for a dress now.

I'm really really picky, so chances are I won't find many at all that I like, and that the ones I like won't be a good fit. :(

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
nichhhole said:
hahha...

um, seeing as my formal is in <2 months..
i'm starting to get organised.

I have my date ;)
but no dress/shoes/etc.

I also have to prepare for the $$$$ i need.
this prep involves: getting a cash advance on the projected $500 i will get of Bday money... [my bday is 8 days after formal..] and perhaps getting an allowance advance.

Oh, and also finding the dress i want.. then dragging my mother to come and buy it with me so she goes halves :)!

Year 12= such a waste of money..
but it's year 12!

:)!
woah thats so early !!
doesnt that mean it`ll be before your HSC ends ... our HSC isnt until another 5 months aye ?

T

Testpilot

williamc said:
I can't believe this thread is in already. But from a male perspective i won't be getting my stuff until 7 days or closer from the formal.
That was me last year.

Sofstar

HSC
I think i might already have my dress in my wardrobe and shoes as well.....if i decide to wear that. Have a rough idea of hairstyle too. Our formals in early december so all this might change. If i decide to bring a date.......i have to find one within the next 4 weeks before forms are due in.

HSC
after looking at the hsc timetable..it looks like i'll have around 2-3 weeks to get things together...which seems ample time to me...plus i won't be doing anything else so it shouldn't be to hard..

and i gain and loose weight like no tomorrow, so it'd probably be a bad idea to get things together now for me..

idling fire

HSC
My mum can pick my dress. I hate dresses... they all look the same to me
>_<

I'll get my stuff when I need to. Whenever. Grrr formal...

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
A couple of days ago I was about to jump in here and tell you you're all crazy for worrying about it so early.

And then, I crossed paths with the most beautiful outfit and I want it NOW so I'm going to go try it on this week :D (its from gallery serpentine so i have to go all the way to newtown... never been there >_< )

Shoes I'll leave till later though, and the handbag and stuff. No idea what will suit the dress to be honest. Still im not entirely sure on whether our formal is before or after the HSC, so I want to get everything early :D

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hmmm, im not buying a dress now, purely because ive recently put on a bit of weight and im hoping to be skinnier by the formal (not that thats gonna happen considering i do no exercise and am addicted to chocolate...)

I should probably start looking for shoes now though. Its gonna be tricky finding extremely skinny size 12 shoes...:(

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
what an ugly dress.
Hahah lucky that's not the one I'm getting :D Yeah they're pretty full of weird stuff though

HSC
nichhhole said:
but i found my dress..
its from Eda michelle in charing cross.. and it's by jenny bannister..
AND! MY PARENTS TOLD ME THIS AFTERNOON that they;d pay for it..
the whole thing (L)!
Wow, not only do u have your dress, your parents are also playing for it?!? How'd u manage that?!

I'm hoping/assuming that my parents will pay for mine... but I'm going to struggle to find one I like.

aussiechica7

HSC
if u get the dress/handbag/etc. now make sure it will still b trendy/fashionable/whatever by the time u ahve your formal. if ur getting classic stuff, np. if ur getting something really out there make sure it'll still b out there come november or whatever

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Inspired by one of nichhhole's posts in another thread :D I thought I'd actually link to the dress (well, top and skirt) I'm getting to make up for the horror of the other one.
Linky.
Colour will be the bottom one, except the corset is a bit diff, it isn't straight along the top (more of a V-shape), and I won't be wearing the black top underneath but I'll have this jacket in black velvet instead of pinstripe (the velvet is so soft and yummy-feeling, I love it).
Opinions? (Be gentle. I am madly in love with it)

Also has anyone ever worn a superbly tight corset. The lady that works at the shop laced me into it and I was very :eek: and at the same time :D cause it looked so cool.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
WTF!bbq said:
Inspired by one of nichhhole's posts in another thread :D I thought I'd actually link to the dress (well, top and skirt) I'm getting to make up for the horror of the other one.
Linky.
Colour will be the bottom one, except the corset is a bit diff, it isn't straight along the top (more of a V-shape), and I won't be wearing the black top underneath but I'll have this jacket in black velvet instead of pinstripe (the velvet is so soft and yummy-feeling, I love it).
Opinions? (Be gentle. I am madly in love with it)

Also has anyone ever worn a superbly tight corset. The lady that works at the shop laced me into it and I was very :eek: and at the same time :D cause it looked so cool.
:lol: Yummy-looking :p

Actually, the dress isn't too bad, and with the right girl, it would look pretty damn good :uhhuh: And I'm sure you're the right girl for it ;):p But then, what the hell would I know about dresses? I'm just a guy :eek:

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Hahah I can't stop obsessing about it :D

Also, linky/photo of dress plz everyone as soon as you get it :D I'm trying to avoid school work here heehee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)