What's Your Common Room like? (1 Viewer)

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
hey im just wondering whats ur common room like if you have one.

ours is the size of an average classroom.
we've got 5 massive lounges in there.
microwave.
clock.
kettle.
sandwich maker.
stereo.
fridge.
foozball table.
desks, desks & more desks up against the wall coz we dont use them.
& it is upstairs so we can see the rest of the school & it will be good for muck up day.. like water bombs or whatever.

yeh so let me know...

Loza33

HSC
Ours is pretty cool...

It is about the size of an average classroom (it used ot be a classroom), it has recently been painted - dark and light green... random but nice...

It has a microwave, toaster, kettle, sandwhich maker, fridge!

5 lounges.. which are green too!

A few heaters!

Wooden lockers, which we have all stuck random things on to distinguish as our own

A notice board

And a photo wall (started by me!) which has lots of random posters containing heaps of photos from our group room.. ranging from yr 7 to last week... everyone just randomly adds stuff...

And at the moment a broken window... haha in maths yesterday we heard the smashing of glass and this guy with a very iconic laugh, laughing and we all just go :O:O:O and ran out onto the verandah where we could see a smashed window in our common room and the teacher in charge of the common room, storming out of the staffroom across the prefect grass and right towards our common room.... the story goes: there was a wasp near the window, so a guy went to kill it with a text book and through the text book through the window....

HAHA!!

idling fire

HSC
My common room = dead. The year 7 coordinater took up the room for storing book packs. There was a whole heap of computer rubbish (non salvageable) crowding the place, and a mould as big as Tasmania growing in the fridge. It's all been cleaned up now, but its not a very welcoming room. Half of us don't feel welcome in there... like we have to sneak in... if we REALLY want to...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
My old school hand one until up to about when I was in Y8. Then the Y12 of that year completely trashed it (things got chucked out of windows, the fridge was so filthy that it was about to grow legs and walk away, I believe they managed to destroy the pool table somehow) so the school yanked it away and replaced it with a computer lab. Thus, that Y12 spoiled it for everyone else. Jerks.

So we just took over the seniors' silent study room in the library and used it as a conversation area during frees, annoying the Y11s who actually wanted to work.

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
Loza33 said:
Ours is pretty cool...

It is about the size of an average classroom (it used ot be a classroom), it has recently been painted - dark and light green... random but nice...

And a photo wall (started by me!) which has lots of random posters containing heaps of photos from our group room.. ranging from yr 7 to last week... everyone just randomly adds stuff...

And at the moment a broken window... haha in maths yesterday we heard the smashing of glass and this guy with a very iconic laugh, laughing and we all just go :O:O:O and ran out onto the verandah where we could see a smashed window in our common room and the teacher in charge of the common room, storming out of the staffroom across the prefect grass and right towards our common room.... the story goes: there was a wasp near the window, so a guy went to kill it with a text book and through the text book through the window....

HAHA!!
ahaha funny.. we've got one of the kitchen cupboards glued shut and we think that the cockies breed in there.. we are planning to operate on it one day.

wee have a pin board with photos as well.. mostly one from yr 7 and our yr10 formal..

we got to paint our common room and i was on the decorating committee and i missed the meeting and the rest decided to paint it blue.. like the rest of our school. a bit boring i know but we did a royal blue on the top half of the wall so it is a bit different to the rest of the rooms.

that sux that some people dont have common rooms.

i remember when i was in yr 7 the yr 12s had a study room which was cramped.. only about the size of a third of an average classroom.

what i like about having a common room is that when it rains you dont get all cold and wet. also you get to use all your IED's (illegal electronic devices eg phone, mp3) in the common room and the teachers dont even get you in trouble..

we got kicked out of our common room for a week coz some boys skipped english and turned the place into a dump... that weeek really sucked!

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
Triangulum said:
So we just took over the seniors' silent study room in the library and used it as a conversation area during frees, annoying the Y11s who actually wanted to work.
im in the senior study right now. but each year the yr 11s get banned from it so only year 12s use it. its really good coz then the librarian doesnt disturb you and you wont get in trouble for avoiding work :)

Sofstar

HSC
A room which has white walls, a microwave, cup cupboard, fridge, sandwich press thing, picnic like benches and 2 large white boards on either side of the room, a door knot that is screwed up and it's very grotty in there.

Sting00

HSC
At my school we have an old train carriage that has had all of the seats etc. taken out. Although it is still a mess at the moment because no one has been bothered to clean out the mess of last year's year 12...

talica

HSC
Triangulum said:
My old school hand one until up to about when I was in Y8. Then the Y12 of that year completely trashed it (things got chucked out of windows, the fridge was so filthy that it was about to grow legs and walk away, I believe they managed to destroy the pool table somehow) so the school yanked it away and replaced it with a computer lab. Thus, that Y12 spoiled it for everyone else. Jerks.

yeah im pretty sure thats what happened to my school's one a few years back. how dodgy and unfair it is!

Loza33

HSC
Wow, that sucks for people who dont have common rooms!!

Suprisingly... we have not been kicked out... even though 3 windows have been broken, a door got kicked in, some guys went up there on a week night and got caught drinking in (they got kicked out for the rest of the term but are back in now) and everyone hangs in there between classes so we are all always late...

I would die without our common room... it is warm in winter, cool in summer (well as much as can be with fans and heaters) is a place to put our bags, so we only have to carry books to classes, most people cook lunch in there, it is comfortable, relaxing and we all get t hang out together...

The common room is a great year 12 bonding session... everyone should have one!

munchybuddy

HSC
Our common room is pretty crappy..
It is just a demountable classroom

But we have:
- desks around the walls to study on
- a fridge
- a bench
- a sandwitch maker
- a stereo/cd player
- A TV
- A vacume cleaner
- A DVD player
- A hot water jug for making coffee etc

We used to have a nintendo but it got taken out cause everyone way using that instead of studying LOL

nicole21290

HSC
Our Year 12 is only 22 people. We get a lovely small classroom complete with whiteboard, desks, chairs and maths pictures! Lucky us. We can use it during breaks but not at any other time. We do our study periods in the library and it is a pain as year 6 classes can kick you off the computer if they have work to do :( Oh well, at least we stay warm in winter!

HSC
The only common room in our entire school is for the teachers.
And its not that flash away.
Although year 12s generally have control of the 2 little study rooms at the back of the library.

brookenikki

HSC
Ours is okay i suppose. it has desks all around the walls so the boys can wrestle in the middle or play stacks as they call it. We have a microwave that is so grotty. it has chocolate all though it and i think it is starting to go mouldy. We have a kettle that hasn;t been destroyed yet and we have a lounge that we found on the side of the road that someone was throwing out. There's nothing wrong with it. We only have Year 12's in our senior study and the lounge is getting took out at the end of this year when we leave after the hsc. Its a bit bigger than your average classroom.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
We lack a common room, we make do with the library.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
fuck i wish i had a common room in yr12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)