F'ed up '07 Muck Up Photo! (1 Viewer)

xxJTxx

HSC
Hear my rant!

It was photo day today at my school.

A company called "Advanced Photography" were doing the photographs. THEY ARE A LOAD OF BS!

Their prices are insane for photos...so you know they are making LOADS of cash.

So we all lined up outside the hall where the photos were being taken, and the photographer was like "Hurry up! We haven't got time! Just get in your height order" - 'hurry up' words that would echo throughout the few minutes we were to spend with this unprofessional, arrogant, turd.

So we finally got in height order (i use finally loosely, it seriously took two mins), then he started blabbing on about uniform presentation (i go to a private school) and then he said "i've been asked to do a muck up photo for you today, i'll only do it if we have the time and if you get yourselves organised fast enough". OK I thought to myself, fair enough...but if the school say year 12 gets a muck up photo, and we pay them for that, he takes it regardless.

So he got us up on the stand for the normal group photo. After a few shots they were satisfied. Then his like "ok I think we can do a muck up photo, but you aren't to move out of the stand and what position your in". WTF? what's the point of a muck up if you cant get in with your friends and your 'boys' as some say lol. He goes if you have props they (pointed to the teachers) will go get them. Teachers all scurried to the side and grabbed whatever props they saw. Then they just started throwing the props at us in the stands while the photographer screamed 'hurry up get organised, im about to take the shot'. After literally 1min, he just took the photo. twice. we couldn't move outta the stands to reorganise ourselves. signs that ran across a few people were useless, cause we couldn't get with the people it was organised for.

Stupid. Unprofessional. LAME company. Like wtf seriously. i am under the impression that if you pay for something...they are no longer doing you a favour being there. SURE if the slutty photographer was giving it to us for free, he could tell us what to do or at least attempt to. but im sorry buddy, we ARE paying for your time...so first, you can't say you dont have any time (there was only the sporting team photos left, and some other random ones) when your booked till TWO (this was at 10:50).

I dunno. I'm just pissed off that our year advisor didn't say anything. She is meant to be our 'year advisor' ... part of our year... a big thing at my school.

If i said anything i would've been called disrespectful by our deputy principal and told no photo..so i didn't take any chances.

if u could be BOTHERED to read that great! if you want to share bad photo day experiences, PLEASE!

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
whoa that must be annoying .. but nah the worst we`ve had are blurry fotos .. so yeah lol.
god , yeah i get your point .. wtf is the point of a muckup foto if you`re not even allowed to move out of your spots -.-" .. kinda defeats the purpose lmao.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol i dont even know if we`re getting muck ups ><"
does your school tell you or something ? our photos are tomorrow xD !

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I think my school uses Advanced Photography as well. You guys are lucky that you got muck up photoes; my school doesn't. Maybe cos it'll ruin the school's nonexistant "reputation". Then again, this is coming from a guy who hates photoes in general, so meh -.-

ALLLICE

HSC
Pretty much EXACTLY the same thing happened with my yr 12/ muckup pics last year. And it was Advanced Photographers too. The bastards.

lexonfire

HSC
argh that is totally ridiculous... i really feel sooo frustrated for you!!! you're completely right about expecting to get what you paid for and i cant believe teachers were comfortable to just stand there.

if that happened with my grade we'd be shouting for some justice hahaha, and our year adviser would then have some reason to negotiate with the photographer even if she might've been reluctant at first. but i suppose my school isn't private. but then again, why should that be a reason for anything? lol even ur deputy principal would tell you off for wanting to speak up about it?

aaah... well that's frustrating. maybe u can talk to ur adviser, if she/he has some sense, then he/she'll be convinced into talking to that stupid turd and ask for your money's worth!

my grade had our muck up photos last term and we were under a similar kind of stress, but it turned out good in the end. we got to change into costumes and we were just worried that, due to a tight schedule, people who took too long changing clothes might not make it into the photos.

complain to ur year adviser! complain!

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
what are some good ideas for muck up photos? I wanna be prepared.

xxJTxx

HSC
heh, i guess we are lucky to get a muck up photo..i really feel for the people in yr 12 who dont get tht. even though, really, you should...its just a fun thing to end of all 'year' photos for ever! esp. if you don't get a muck up day!

and omg i can't believe the people from advanced photography have done it before!~ I was going to complain to the creative coordinator at school, she is the one who booked the company...but i cant be stuffed having another argument with another teacher.

i spoke to my year advisor after the photo and told her there was no point in tht muck up photo because it just got screwed. she was like "don't feel ripped off. its like that every year". Ok..so first off, it wasn't like that last yr (my sis' grade..so yeah i know it wasn't) and second, if its like tht every year, why didnt you have the sense to plan ahead and tell the photographer tht they need at least 10mins to get ready or something?

i was going to organise a 'muck up photo take 2' during our seniors only week, but with trials and all, i just dont care anymore lol.

my dep. principal is annoying, i think he has something against me. today i was jsut standing in the canteen durign a free, waiting for a friend to buy their food, and he walks past me and goes, in all seriousness, 'go away' and i asked 'why' and he said 'john, i told you to go away, why don't you obey my instructions'. i was like wtf..im not a kid to be told to just move wherever u want to put me buddy. i'm a GOOD student as well...dux of my grade...and yer..i dunno what was up his ass, but maybe u can see what i mean now.

ANDDDDD for muck up, suggestions..hrm..try and get something with your FRIENDS..that's the best way. if you can do a row holding a letter each of some cool catch phrase..thts awesome (make sure you print the letters on a4 paper so they are full size and HUGE). um, empty photo frames (no glass) held up in front of your face come out AWESOME in pics. umbrellas/wigs/huge arrow signs all look really really good too. if you want to go all out, you can always rent a costume or something crazy ^^ but simple and funny = effective.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
We aren't allowed to wear anything other than our school uniform for the muck-up photos, much to the dismay of the many people who already had their fancy costumes elaborately planned.

HSC
I can't believe I actually read all of your rant! Haha, that's really awful. :( There's not much you can really do, unless you try and organise your own thing...

Muck-up photos is actually one of the only things my school has got right for our grade. I was very impressed with them; if you have a look here: [thread=75710]Year 12 pics[/thread] I've posted a pic of my Muck-up photos.

lexonfire

HSC
xxJTxx said:
heh, i guess we are lucky to get a muck up photo..i really feel for the people in yr 12 who dont get tht. even though, really, you should...its just a fun thing to end of all 'year' photos for ever! esp. if you don't get a muck up day!
yeah that's true about the muck up day. actually, i didn't know that a lot of year 12s didn't have a muck up photo of their own. that's unfair. my school doesn't have a muck up day either. but ah wells, not much of a loss. and i suppose you can always make up for the lack of muck up photos with your own...

xxJTxx said:
i spoke to my year advisor after the photo and told her there was no point in tht muck up photo because it just got screwed. she was like "don't feel ripped off. its like that every year". Ok..so first off, it wasn't like that last yr (my sis' grade..so yeah i know it wasn't) and second, if its like tht every year, why didnt you have the sense to plan ahead and tell the photographer tht they need at least 10mins to get ready or something?

i was going to organise a 'muck up photo take 2' during our seniors only week, but with trials and all, i just dont care anymore lol.

my dep. principal is annoying, i think he has something against me. today i was jsut standing in the canteen durign a free, waiting for a friend to buy their food, and he walks past me and goes, in all seriousness, 'go away' and i asked 'why' and he said 'john, i told you to go away, why don't you obey my instructions'. i was like wtf..im not a kid to be told to just move wherever u want to put me buddy. i'm a GOOD student as well...dux of my grade...and yer..i dunno what was up his ass, but maybe u can see what i mean now.
lol i love authority. "don't feel ripped off" yeah, just take comfort in the fact it happens all the time :p

simonloo said:
what are some good ideas for muck up photos? I wanna be prepared.
ooh. it depends if you're allowed to dress up/ wear props

my group came as the band kiss. it was a reaaally good turnout cos we're just a bunch of harmless girls with our faces painted looking like dykes with our wigs :p uhh, from the top of my head, other people in my grade came as: McDonalds McValue meal, The Biggest Loser contestant, where's wally, mafia people, the incredibles, ash/brock from pokemon, Jasmine and Aladdin, Superman and Superwoman, Batman, Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie, greek gods/godesses, peter pan, mario & luigi, alice in wonderland, the seven dwarfs, a hippie, Pacman... Guys came as geishas, girls came as mechanics, etc.

There's LOTS of ideas if u can bother to think of all of them :p

if you can't dress up, i'm not really sure!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lmao we had our muckups yesterday !
they were alright , LOL , but the guys at the top kept swaying the whole stand around -- was pretty freaky lmao.

lilmissloz

HSC
We had our official school photo earlier in the year and our muck up one yesterday. One of the girls in our year took the photo. Nobody was dressed up because we did it at recess. It was quite impromtu. It was alright though.

xxJTxx

HSC
Haha chocolate_lover, just took a look at your muck up photo on the thread you linked me....niiiiiiice.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2957311", tru </script>

HSC
xxJTxx said:
Haha chocolate_lover, just took a look at your muck up photo on the thread you linked me....niiiiiiice.
Haha, thanks. :)

It's a pity that your muck up photos didn't work out though. :(

Oh, and your school isn't the only one getting pissed off at year advisors. We've got two year advisors, that say what we want to hear; all talk no action.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Haha, thanks. :)

It's a pity that your muck up photos didn't work out though. :(

Oh, and your school isn't the only one getting pissed off at year advisors. We've got two year advisors, that say what we want to hear; all talk no action.
Oh I saw yours too chocolate_lover !
Wowee.
Ours was so much more dodgy though >< .. the only thing we could do was take off our ties and such.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
We weren't allowed to change or have props or anything.

I flashed my best friend in the muck up photo. She looks suitably horrified.

I can't remember what everybody else did. Probably just charlies angel poses (LAME).

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
scarybunny said:
We weren't allowed to change or have props or anything.

I flashed my best friend in the muck up photo. She looks suitably horrified.

I can't remember what everybody else did. Probably just charlies angel poses (LAME).
yeah its dodge aye.
if only we had costumes -.-"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)