Trial Advice? (1 Viewer)

mardybum

HSC
OK. My trials are in 3 weeks. i've got most of my notes together but there's sooooo much content!!!! i need some advice on how to get the most effective study. with subjects like english i find reading it 20 times still doesn't help. anyway, any tips or thoughts wud b much appreciated! out of curiosity are most ppl unprepared for trials?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
for english , i`d advise you to break it down ... into smaller more manageable portions ... its what i do anyway xD

yosemite sam

HSC
completely unprepared :D...i find the best way to study is something my teacher calls conscious study or something where you read over something a couple of times, rewrite it if that helps you (works for me) and then think about what youve just been reading/writing. ask yourself a couple of questions about it. if you can answer them to what you feel is the quality of answer you are capable of then you move on to your next topic. if not, go over it again. you do that for a few topics/subheadings, whatever, and then you rethink about it all again. then ask yourself some questions about it again the next day. youve just got to keep going over and over it again and consciously studying it...just reading over notes doesnt usually sink in for me. hope that helps :)

joey00

Cheerleader.
HSC
I think the sure-fire way to beat rising stress levels is to write down every subject, and then every topic within that, ie English > Journeys, Transformations etc! Then allocate time to study every subject! This breaks it down into more manageable chunks, and will be less daunting.

My trials are next week ... I found that I was stressing muchly until I started studying ... when I felt like I was trying and working to revise, I didn't feel as stressed. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)