EAS qn. (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
I have been in aus for about 3 years now, with a permanent residency visa and I am thinking of applying for EAS. I do ESL, and I got some questions about EAS, for anyone with similar situation to me who got approved or anyone actually =]

1) Is it 100% success rate that I would get it, considering my situation?

2) My ranks and marks at school are ok, will I still get approved even though I am performing well and thus a sign that I am not really disadvantaged?

3) I know it varies but how much UAI points do I get mostly with differnt UNI's.

cheers.

HSC
what exactly is your situation? if your only disadvantage is that you have come from overseas do you really have a case (seeing as you do ESL)?

jannny

HSC
Oh I was gna put a case that

It is quite harder for me to understand some english or construct essays (for ancient history) thus I *could* be disadvantaged.

Communication problems? especially during classes e.g. I couldn't say wat I wanted to ask to the teacher? I mite seem to know the english language pretty ok but I tell you, I can't express it very well when I speak what's in my mind in english.

yea i think that's what I could think ryt now

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
1) Is it 100% success rate that I would get it, considering my situation?
It's not always successful as the departments (I think it's the UAC) that determines how disadvantaged you are and the 'compensation'.

2) My ranks and marks at school are ok, will I still get approved even though I am performing well and thus a sign that I am not really disadvantaged?
Probably; depending on how severe your case is.

3) I know it varies but how much UAI points do I get mostly with differnt UNI's.
Not much. Depends on the uni/course and the disadvantage you have. You don't get extra UAI points though.

This is how it works for some unis. They'd add on whatever 'compensation' you get and then consider whether or not you could make it into the course. For example, if you got 80.00, they would consider you as someone who got 81.00 (if you are being compensated by 1 UAI point) and then consider whether or not you could be selected and then the overall cutoff.

I never used the EAS so it is hard for me to explain.

I don't think that poor English would be considered by the Board Of Studies nor UAC as grounds of appeal but I could be wrong. Your English seems quite good to me.

Here's the EAS info.
http://www.uac.edu.au/equity/eas.html

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Basically every ESL student eligible to apply for EAS
Every student who has been less than 5 years in Australia and from non-English speaking country can apply for this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)