Schools in the fairfield cabramatta area (1 Viewer)

mintcondition

HSC
Hi guys,

We are trying to find a high school for my little brother as we can no longer afford to send him to a catholic school. We live in the fairfield cabramatta liverpool area and just wondering what public high school would be best for him?

Thanks

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
go and visit the local schools, different people, different schools

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
If you're after a selective school, then there's Hurlstone AHS, Sefton HS and Macquarie Fields HS. For the latter two, you can enrol as a non-selective student because they are partial selective schools.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Some non-selective government schools in the area, I can remember are:
Fairfield
Fairvale
Canley Vale
Cabramatta
Bossley Park
St Johns Park
Westfields Sports

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Trebla said:
If you're after a selective school, then there's Hurlstone AHS, Sefton HS and Macquarie Fields HS. For the latter two, you can enrol as a non-selective student because they are partial selective schools.
If you live in the local area.

Um i'm pretty sure that it depends on exactly where you live. You need to find out which public school zone you're in. This is the school that HAS to take you. Other schools can say no if they're already full of people who live in their zone.

I think that's how it works.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Um , if you're not after a selective HS , then I'd say the next best choice is ...

Fairvale ? It's got a good rep or so I've heard.
If it's academics you're after , I've heard Cabramatta High isn't too good ?

Don't quote me on it though - these are just things I hear.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Ah I actually go to Fairfield High. I wouldn't exactly recommend it but I mean it's very much possible to do VERY well here.

As Trebla said, if you are able to get into the selective schools as a local non-selective student that would be really good. If not I guess Canley Vale and Bossley Park would be schools worth checking out.

With Fairvale, I've heard good AND bad things about it. So yeah I'm unsure about that school.

If your brother goes to Fairfield, I'll take care of him. :) ahahah ..

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Try Sydney High, we get boys from the Liverpool, Inner West region anyway.

mintcondition

HSC
cheers guys and girls.

we actually don't know the area very well as we are moving here during the school holidays. We are from the Wollongong region.

Edu.kid

HSC
Bossley Park :)

- Modern School
- Very high Tech and clean
- Good Students
- Rarely a fight
- 3rd richest public school in the state
- Multicultural
- Fees are not so expensive looking around 150+ (not counting equipment and uniform)
- Uniform: Black and white

lengstar

HSC
Cabramatta High School is a Language high school so they a dedicated, at least when I was there, area of de-mountable classrooms, for newly arrived foreigners who don't speak English.

Welcome to the region though. If you're interested in getting to know the area a little more read the local paper Cumberland or Advance.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
cuppy said:
there have been incidents at all schools
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/04/06/1017206278007.html even the selective ones like Hurlstone (didn't the principal sell school furniture on ebay?)

but we can't expect schools to be perfect i think there will always be a few 'bad eggs'
LOL shm always bags out hurlstone, making a big deal out of small things. Every school has its good sides and bad sides.

For the fairfield area other than ur local schools:
-Patrician Brothers College fairfield (for boys)
-Mary Mackillop college (for girls)
and for goverment schools ranking in terms of academics:
-Fairvale
-Cabramatta
-Fairfield
-Liverpool
from what i know

miss-smexy

HSC
Try to get into sefton. They have a selective and non selective stream but once you get into year 11, these streams are both mixed... so there is no longer any distinction... - which is a pretty good thing. Some non-selectives are extremely smart and can easily match the selectives. It's a pretty competitive environment but at the same time its not too stressful.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
cuppy said:
there have been incidents at all schools
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/04/06/1017206278007.html even the selective ones like Hurlstone (didn't the principal sell school furniture on ebay?)

but we can't expect schools to be perfect i think there will always be a few 'bad eggs'
LOL SMH just loves paying out our school - they pounce at every opportunity they get.

ANYWAY , to "mintcondition" , I strongly recommend you have your bro try out for a selective school. They`re not expensive like catholic schools , and they`ve got good ranks/students which will help out in the long run.

Fairvale = Public
Selective : Macquarie Fields , Sefton , Girraween , Hurlstone [Schools all in top #200]

Soljiro

HSC
Well im gonna graduate from Cabramatta High, and for my 7 years it is good, but it now that i am looking at the grades coming up Cabramatta might have a slight decline lol in the coming years, but sill it is a good school and the teachers that are there for 4+ years are good teachers.
The vice princple of Cabra went to Canley and he said that there is no difference in terms of the teachers and the students so yeh

sangboi

HSC
WOO! how about St. Johns Park? i think it was ranked best public school in the region after the selectives schools last year xD

lol and the 'St.' in the school name makes you sound like you go to a private school.. if that tickles ur fancy.... =]

i go there so i would say its a good school, gots a diverse range of students, great teachers.

but pretty much any school would be good if you try hard =]

i personally recommend a selective school so you can ride the scaling band wagon xD sit on ur ass and let ur peers drag you up! thats the way to study!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)