How to get UAI of 99+? (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
Hi, would someone who has completed their HSC with a score of 99 or more give us an indication of how much time (or perhaps, the amount of work done) should be spent on studying each night? I have heard that the HSC is all about hard work. I know it will be different for different people but I would like to have a rough idea. Please share your secrets! Thanks!

Also, there is one or two person(s) who studies reguarly and tops nearly all their subjects. I know how important it is to get ranked 1st and this person is stopping me from 'trying' because i keep thinking 'no matter how much i study i will not be able to beat him'. He's been studying consistently since year 7 while i have been pretty much bludging. i just dont think i can ever catch up to him. how do i get this thought out of my system?

Also, 2nd place in a non-selective public school pretty much screws up your UAI right?

Last edited:

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
quit dreaming and get your head down, there's no shortcuts if that's what you're after. practice makes perfect, what you put in is what you get out yadi yada.

my cousin shut herself in her room most of the time for 2 years, about 10 hours a day, she got 99.85.

morganforrest

HSC
Depends how naturally intelligent you are, and how suited you are to the system of the hsc. There's not a huge distinction between first and second, though obviously it is better to be ranked first.

Yes, the HSC is all about hard work. But not necessarily all the time. Consistent work is far more valuable than studying ten hours a day before trials/hsc. My girlfriend went to PLC and got 99.40 last year and she did about 6 hours a day during these current holidays, but worked quite consistently throughout the year. She's extremely smart, so she obviously could afford to do a little less during this time than others.

Secondly, just because someone has gone well since yr 7 does not mean they will go well this year. Things change. One of my best friends was in the bottom english class from yr's 7-10 and is now ranked second in both advanced and ee1. Things change.

In short, work consistently throughout the year to achieve the best rank you can. Pwn the external exam but remember to keep a balance.

Good Luck

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
99+...try really really hard.

nah seriously:
- Make a study time table and stick to it. If you can still to it now, then you can stick to one during the hsc
-Make most of your studying time
-Eat healthy/ excercise
-Use your teachers, they are a great resource

Foxodi

HSC
Know all the course's content.
Read Summary of Summary daily?
Read Summary weekly/monthly?
Write executive summaries when a test is coming, and read daily.
Do questions/past papers/essays on weekends

At least, this is what I am thinking of... and of course spend whatever amount of time that is required of you on internal assessments to make sure you come first in rank for it.
And about compeating with those who have always studied and been recognized as the 'smartest kid in the school/class', its those people which have motivated me the most to do my best this year, because people always praise those that come first, but hardly recognize the mass of students that were closely behind.... I geuss this is just my own personal belief/value - but Its always possible with a good plan to beat those who are recognized as the "best".

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Work hard and be organised. You must be motivated and have a clear goal and aim to work towards.

HSC
Foxodi said:
people always praise those that come first, but hardly recognize the mass of students that were closely behind....
My principal addressed this very issue when giving out subject awards at graduation...he attempted to acknowledge everyone who was second, third etc. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that nobody took him seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)