wtf? internet at schools' gone crap, and pointless (1 Viewer)

COhex

HSC
Learn to make your own proxy server at home lolol.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
lol haha , you can always use wtunnel.com - used that for most of the year to get on bebo and stuff =]
although maybe theyve blocked it now too ><

LOL at least you werent as bad as my school ! they blocked off google images !

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Cocopops.xox.x said:
almost every freaking website has been blocked at my school. is the normal?
I guarantee you that if you use the internet for what it was intended for - ie work - you'll find you won't get blocked very often.

kloudsurfer

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
I guarantee you that if you use the internet for what it was intended for - ie work - you'll find you won't get blocked very often.
If only that were true.

I tried to look up something on global warming. Site was blocked. Hiroshima, site was blocked. Nursing homes? Site was blocked. Its quite frustrating.

And bored of studies is blocked too.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
If only that were true.

I tried to look up something on global warming. Site was blocked. Hiroshima, site was blocked. Nursing homes? Site was blocked. Its quite frustrating.
Well, maybe you've just got dodgy administration at your school. Or maybe we had dodgy administration since we seemed to be able to go anywhere and do anything ...
kloudsurfer said:
And bored of studies is blocked too.
Yeah, but everyone blocks this site.

kloudsurfer

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Well, maybe you've just got dodgy administration at your school. Or maybe we had dodgy administration since we seemed to be able to go anywhere and do anything ...Yeah, but everyone blocks this site.
Nah theyve got a new system which is statewide. They introduced it this year, its at every school. They just block everything lol

Ooooh, objectsinspace! Ive found a fellow firefly fan.
Shiney. :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Yes, I noticed the Serenity avatar. I also notice you didn't notice my TRAP! avatar.

However, it's probably better that I don't discuss it too much. I'm not just a Browncoat, I'm a Tragic Browncoat.

erinshouldstudy

HSC
I tried to do research on Hitler for modern history, however the site was blocked due to 'inappropriate images and content'. WTF?! HOW ELSE AM I MEANT TO DO MY WORK?! Sure there's books, but our teacher gave us a LIST of websites and every single one of them were blocked!?!?!?!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
erinshouldstudy said:
I tried to do research on Hitler for modern history, however the site was blocked due to 'inappropriate images and content'. WTF?! HOW ELSE AM I MEANT TO DO MY WORK?! Sure there's books, but our teacher gave us a LIST of websites and every single one of them were blocked!?!?!?!
haha yeah it sucks, i didnt rely on it too much xD

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Wrong. Seriously, why comment on this new DET system when you haven't actually used it yourself and therefore have no idea what you're talking about?

It's fucking ridiculous. There is absolutely no point trying to do anything on the internet at school because 90% of the sites are blocked. It completely defeats the purpose of "research lessons" too.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha and to think i almost remember how that was like. and then i slapped myself.

come to think of it...when i was in high school, there were a lot that was blocked though boredofstudies was not blocked. that let me print off stuff and you were supposedly meant to pay for it.

the librarians didnt care. so i didnt care either.

lesson learnt...if you think of high school when you are no longer there...SLAP yourself!

powerdrive

HSC
Aah school internet. I remember the days in yr 9 and 10 where we used to just play flash games and bludge in IT classes, while ignoring the teacher. Now everything's blocked, it sucks to be using the net at school now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)