Chess! (1 Viewer)

Evergreenx

HSC
Hey im making a chess team for my school Coffs Harbour Senior College. ive got everything except i have no idea who to contact to register my school in the state schools comp next year. Coffs is in the Mid North Coast btw. Does anyone know who to contact or a site with information on it? ive tried google but found nothing helpful. thanks, Sam

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
You should try sign up for the Sydney Metropolitan chess comp. I think the link above should give you an idea. Its the biggest school comp in sydney. You play every week normally after school, good relaxatoin for the HSC, but i think it would be stressful if you manage it. Although it will look good on your resume

frostysnow

HSC
I don't know exactly, but my school has a chess club, and we get invited to a tournament at the end of every year which is at Normanhurst boys, and heaps of schools go like James Ruse, NSGHS etc. ...just can't remember the name. We have a math teacher in charge of this

Maybe ask your school.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hahaha that tournament at normanhurst is so stupid, they have players with absolutely no idea playing in it. i wouldn't call myself a chess champ (655), and my team managed to come 5th every year. while you have teams like ruse with players with ratings of 1000+ killing it year after year, absolutely pointless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)