Changing Schools (1 Viewer)

sponge123

HSC
Since ranks are important in year 12, is it better to be top of a local school (ranked 60ish) or be average or below at James Ruse. I have the option to change and am going into year 11 next year

Thanks

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It really does depend on your marks. Ruse is the kind of school where a UAI of 92-ish means you came in last place. It's probably better to do well in a lower-ranked school than to do poorly in a higher-ranked one as I think the influence on the UAI is relative, much like the scaling of subjects (but I've been wrong before). Besides, if you're not doing well, Ruse will be arrogant enough to show you the door. They can't risk one person damaging their position.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
Ruse will be arrogant enough to show you the door. They can't risk one person damaging their position.
Lol, I don't think it's like that at all.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Just top the school your currently in and you'll be remembered for your efforts for achieving a high UAI, and you'll be probably receive dux of the school easy in comparison to a selective school.

You also would have to think about transport, the time it takes to get there and come back, settling into the environment, more competition, making new friends.

But it's entirely up to you.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Lol, I don't think it's like that at all.
I knew a guy who went to Ruse and he wasn't a particularly good student (he ended up getting a 60-something UAI). Ruse pretty much kicked him out in the middle of year eleven.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I suppose they sent out a letter saying, reason: poor academic performance.

sponge123

HSC
Im just wondering
If your UAI depends on rank how is it that selective schools, particulary Jame Ruse, has such high percentages of 90+ UAI

Even if everyone is smart or whatever not everyone can come first so shouldnt there be the same amount of 90+ in all schools if it depends on rank?

Is there more to it?
So is it that you are more likely to get a higher UAI in a selective school?
Does what school you go to affect scaling?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)