I heard a rumour!!! (1 Viewer)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Hey people, I heard that the hsc may be banned in the near future in N.S.W just like it is in the ACT AND QLD has anyone else heard this or jus me?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nah

They wouldn't go through all that bother and expense to reform the whole damn thing just to abolish it altogether.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
Hey people, I heard that the hsc may be banned in the near future in N.S.W just like it is in the ACT AND QLD has anyone else heard this or jus me?
Queensland have like a HSC.. but its different..
their final exams are within 2 days... so u'll have like exam after exam after exam.... at least in NSW u have at least a couple o fhours or a day before your exam..
plus NSW's education system is highly respected in other states..whteher as if u take Queensland's HSC equivalent, it wouldnt be seen as much vale..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
They are wimps if they won't keep the HSC... we've done it, people have done it for years, if it was that bad then it would have gone before now!!! Queensland's system is crappy... I actually don't think they even have external exams for all of their subjects! And don't even get me started on Victoria or Canberra lol....

What doesn't kill ya only makes u stronger... the HSC is toughening us all up for a life full of procrastination and doing things at the last minute!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
What doesn't kill ya only makes u stronger... the HSC is toughening us all up for a life full of procrastination and doing things at the last minute!
Oh yes!
Here I am at 11:15pm sitting on BOS, when I should finish off a research paper due tomorrow...

kaseita

hey you too minai?

I'm sitting here deciding whether to go back and study for that test I've got tomorrow

the one I'll probably just pass again

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
nah.. hsc's jus gettin a lot of bad press from the media cuz kids like us are gettin too stressed by the do-or-die system.

they've just reintroduced a 'new hsc'. i seriously doubt anything substantial will happen to amend the system for a while yet.. (but there's hope.. lol)

but like.. everyone's harping on bout the queensland system cuz they only have like two days of exams. And at the end, you dont get a uai, you get an "OP". Which is from 1 to 50, no decimal points. So if like.. ur uai is 99, you'll get an op of 1. If ur uai is 99.5, your op will still be 1. *shrugs*

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Did you hear this on "60 Minutes" on Sunday night? They said something about this then:).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Seriously, the HSC is not that stressful. Its the stigma that comes with it. People are told from the time they start year 7 that the HSC is this huge stressful thing, and so when many people get to it they get themselves really worked up. However, as many of us have come to realise, its not a huge thing, all it involves is study and sitting an exam room a couple of times for three hours.
They don't need to change the system they need to change the stigma attached to the system.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
u look up to the hsc since year 7, there's too much media coverage, they need to change something

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
They need to cut some content in some subjects or lengthen the time of the exams and then I would be fine:).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
How does a government "ban" the HSC?
... the hsc may be banned in the near future in N.S.W ...
Just my amusing observation. :)

Can anyone give me a brief rundown of the Victorian and ACT systems? Melbournian?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
How does a government "ban" the HSC?Just my amusing observation. :)

Can anyone give me a brief rundown of the Victorian and ACT systems? Melbournian?
i think in melbourne they use to have these things called cat (common assessment task), in where its just an assignment...and there was less emphasis on the external...correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)