Going overseas in year 11? (1 Viewer)

sabira001

HSC
This is mainly a question for people who've been though year 11. Would you have survived going overseas for the entire duration of the Autumn holidays?

I'm planning on going and I don't know if it will interrupt my school work. I've asked around and most people in my grade have told me that they wouldn't go if they were given the chance. I know I'll have access to computers but don't know how important the 2 week holiday is to everybody's study schedule.

Any help?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It's the holidays :D If you want to go overseas, then go. You won't be given the opportunity to do so next year anyhow. It's only Year 11, and I'm sure that most of your cohort will use the autumn holidays to have fun and relax, rather than to study! I'm sure your half-yearlies would be in the latter part of Term 2, and you will have more than enough time during the school term to study for it.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I did go overseas when I was in yr 11, for the last week of term 2 and first week of the winter holidays. I went to Indonesia to do an intensive language course to help with my accelerated Indonesian studies. I don't regret it, it was a fantastic experience. My yr 11 work was just about unaffected. I had a bit less time to do some assessments but I didn't miss too much work and most people don't study that much during holidays in year 11.

Go overseas, you might not get another opportunity this good!

sabira001

HSC
Thanks for the support. I guess this means I'll have to stop my tradition of 'leaving everything to the holidays'. Finishing work during term... *shudders*

HSC
N/A
You'll be alright...plus the holidays are never particularly productive that early on in year 11 unless you're extremely motivated

I went overseas in autumn holidays for year 11 + a week extra, and even just before my first round of assessments for year 12, and I managed alright.

You might find the added pressure of catching up along with staying on top gives you more incentive :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)