Applying for a selective school in Year 12 (1 Viewer)

StaceyK293920

HSC
What are the list of selective schools which you can apply for in Year 12? I know that James Ruse doesn't accept students who apply for Year 12. Would anyone happen to have a list? And has anyone moved from a public/private school to a selective school in Year 12 and would like to discuss the different aspects of it? Is it worth it to attend for only a year? Or is it better to stay in a top 400 public school?

I've got a brother who currently attends a public school and I myself attend Sydney Girls High School. He feels that he's not getting any competitiveness at his public school, and without competitiveness, he won't be able to compete with others and try in order to succeed. He wants a high UAI, and he needs that competitive edge, and he's willing to sacrifice his travel time in order to go to a better school.

Thanks.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I'm quite sure that there won't be many schools who accept people in Year 12.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is pointless, you might as well kill it at your current school, rather than getting too worked up with the selective school hype.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Well, you have to consider this. Is one year really efficient enough to integrate into a new environment and with new teachers and new students? Also, with rankings and school reports, you wouldn't really know where you stand because the teachers hardly know you and so can not really comment on your progress and what your strengths and weaknesses are.

lsdpoon1337

HSC
If considering in changing to a selective school in yr 12, serious thought needs to be taken as to whether or not you should change. I recomend against changing if you are not raping every subject hard and coming 1st in basically almost all your subjects (with 90%+) and you are on the road of becoming dux of yr 11 without a doubt. This is not an exageration and anything short of this will surely mean hell in your new selective school. Also, if you want to change, you should get to know what the school is up to in work well before you begin and make sure you are beyond what is being taught. This will then allow for a smooth transition in which you reap the benefits of added scaling of a selective school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)