Who saw 60 minutes feedback last week ? (1 Viewer)

sepul

HSC
I was just wondering what the feed back to the HSC story was the week before, I saw a GLIMPSE of it but not much, could someone explain it please if they saw it ? I'm very curious

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, i missed most of it. apparently they reckon theres no point in showing such a story at any other time when noone is thinking about the stress associated with the exams..

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I saw it but l can't remember what exactly was said. All l remember was that they have been getting a lot of emails from students doing theur HSC and how stressed they are...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well they could have aired it a few weeks before, not the night before

maybe even after

sepul

HSC
Yeah

From the bit I saw, they just showed the clip where that guy said "I'm not very stressed, and I think I'm getting stressed about that" - and made it out as if no students were stressing ? That's what I made out from the tiny bit I saw.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
That was stupid.... l agree with you there.

In the local paper it had a picture of people coming out of their exams and they were still stressing and biting their fingernails...this is the views that should be put on TV, not the 60 mins thing.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
60 minz rarley puts a foot wrong, and that was badly done.
u think? after eng telling the truth i don't trust any of them, even 4corners which is supposed to be the best

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I odn't watch them anyways, four corners was good....but l just stopped watching..

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i know media manipulate info and all dat.. but i reckon in terms of credibility, four corners is really good, 60 minz tends to swing a little to one side, but it is not a total good vs. evil battle.... such as today tonight whihc is not even current affairs...

i also lyk 7.30 report... they ahve good interviews...and their skit/comedy session is funniz.. hahaha

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
60 minutes is based on sensationalism and misrepresentations.

(sorry those that like it, i physically cannot watch any current affairs program anymore, thanks to my teacher, who has really really strong ideas on EVERYthing.. thanks mrs X!!)

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
60 Minutes, Frontline, can't tell the difference :p;)

sepul

HSC
Yeah I hate all forms of mainstream media as well, but I still watch it, I watch it to see how they can manipulate things - and how they go about doing it. It's interesting and funny how easy some people can get sucked in to it, but you can usually get a reasonably accurate picture if you watch the same story from opposite "sides".

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah i ooften watch news on diff chanels..like the ten one, then nine,,someitmes channel surf to 7... then abc...and sometimes sbs.... the angls they take are v diff.......after watching soo mani days of news...u an almost predict the angel a particular channel is gonna take... esp with sbs and abc..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's the only useful subject we have done all year

sepul

HSC
Yeah, I find it easy to predict channel 10 and 9's perspective very easily ( conservative )

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by sepul
I was just wondering what the feed back to the HSC story was the week before, I saw a GLIMPSE of it but not much, could someone explain it please if they saw it ? I'm very curious
lol, it was a section talking about some students who stressed too much and commited suicide.

The comment said that is was crazy to show something like that just b4 HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)