Tips for the new year 12 (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Seeing as HSC is drawing to a close, are there any tips that any of you wish to pass on to the next yr 12???

I personally think that consistency in your work is the key!
I really can't stress this enough, and I wish someone told me this back when I started yr 12 :p

But yeh, don't expect to get the UAI you want if you're not willing to work for it...

Well, thats my advice... anyone else?

2late

Summarise your notes when you finish a topic.

Follow and memorise your bible for the year, The Syllabus

Keep your notes in order. The last thing you want to do is run around trying to find notes when its close to your exams

And like Dash said.. CONSISTENCY!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I think babydoll said this (sorry babydoll if l stole this) but l am going to sumarise my work for each subject every weekend. make sure l know it and then do a bit of syllabus work after that.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
as the others said:
consistancy
syllabus-related summaries (ie, take the dot point and write the summary under it)
dont leave everything til the last minute (esp major projects-ipt, sdd, etc)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Do tons of work over these upcoming holidays; cos you'll be bored anyway

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
its also good to use more than 1 textbooks... i find its a good mehtod to consolidate the important stuff cuz chances are the important stuff will be repeated in the other textbook...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
1) DON'T PROCRASTINATE
Get your fat ass off the couch

If you can do that you will be easily an A student

Thats all there is don't pocrastinate and study

Winston

HSC
Find out what ur assignments are for each subject this yr, do some early preparation for it on this christmas holidays, i found out all mine and finished them all, and i ended up proacrastinating LOL... instead of using it for study, but u shouldnt do that, finish them all have more time studying :)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
Do tons of work over these upcoming holidays; cos you'll be bored anyway
But who does actually study during the Christmas holidays? :rolleyes:

Yr 11's themselves are probably burnt out and need a break...

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
If you lose marks for something, and even if you know why you lost those marks, go ask your teacher how you could improve, and what specifically you need to do better to get those marks. It helps, and you should never be ashamed to do it. In some of my assessments I was honestly bewildered at my mark, so I talked to the teacher. Hell, even if you get a good mark, talk to them! Find out what you did really well, so that you can keep that up! :D

Oh, and don't change your bed time for anything. You need sleep. Sometimes. Special exemptions can be made - but not too close to exams or assessments. :p

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Lesson: It's possible to learn an entire HSC course over the span of two days. There are 5 wks in the summer holidays :D

Next, you know those analysis, evaluation and synthesis skills teachers always go on about in harder subjects (3u Eng/Hist). USE IT. In courses like Legal Studies especially it's best to get your information from a variety of sources. This more or less also applies in Chemistry where just using Roland just isn't enough :p

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
But who does actually study during the Christmas holidays? :rolleyes:

Yr 11's themselves are probably burnt out and need a break...
i did some; i read through the core topics for Chem and Bio, it was a good intro
i did some maths over the holidays too; it was good practise

trust me... when youre bored and you just sit around and read textbooks... it pays off later

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Lesson: Spending time on BoS is bad for your health and most likely your UAI.

N

ND

Maths (3u and 4u): do alot of questions, and do them with as many different methods as possible; after you've done a question, don't just move onto the next, find another way to do it. This subject in particular requires consistent study (cramming will not work well in maths).

English: develop sophisticated expression; don't use those excel study guides; learn the work, not just one essay; do alot of essays for past questions and give them to your teacher for marking; read the exemplar samples to see what you should be aiming for (do not plagerise these, the markers have studied them).

"Sciences": make dotpoint summaries; use multiple resources; make sure you know everything; learn those long 'assess/evaluate' responses just before the exam, they're just straight memorisation.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
And just a quick add on to the "Sciences" above - always remember to check out that "Students do" column on the very right... sometimes the dot points on the left don't contain some sort of point relating to independent research you have to do on the column in the right. If that made sense... Those independent research things are examinable.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
dont get worked up about the hsc because its not what you are made to believe it is... seriously...

and dont worry if you leave things till the last minute... it really does not matter as long as you get it done on time....

and i dont suggest summarising as you go... because i find i learn from summarising so its best to do it when you have exams coming up... i wrote my notes for all my subjects before the trials and that helped me learn... if i had done them before it would have been too early and then i would just be left with reading them which doesnt help that much

is a roflcopter
HSC
i disagree with working over holidays

dont be a stooge and do work over christmas
christmas will probably be the second best time of your schooling lives, after the post hsc christmas of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)